BKP: Vote for its future...?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by wdongli, 6th Jun, 2011.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

Today 67 million around shares have changed hands but its price acted seemly very confused and nowhere to go. Who bought and who sold? Why? The sellers and buyers both were fearful about some what if problems at their own position.

1. all of them are some kind of bargain hunters. They count on every cents and expect some discount.

2. the buyers feared if BKP has the shale oil as its resource report but they don't really know and what if BKP has the oil is a problem they worry.

3. the sellers feared if BKP hasn't the shale oil or the drilling would delay again but they don't really know too, and what if BKP hasn't the oil or would give up drilling is the problem which make them unable to sleep.

The selling season adds the pressure on everyone in the market even the bargain hunters are fretted now. Good news or bad news?

All would be reckoned when the spud happen. The sellers would be regret if BKP has the oil. The buyers would feel regret if BKP has nothing. Who could tell who is right or wrong?

Seriously saying I hope BKP has the oil and huge oil but I could not decide. I bet on its lowest price more than 1 year ago. I bet on its oil not the voting of the market. I bet on the oil.

Should I sell before the reckoning day, the finishing day of the drilling of the first well! No way!

2. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

BKP: Run in storm but what about the oil?

It is not good to see price down in most of time but I did feel amused to see the traders run in the market ruins and see BKP dropped down to lower than $0.02.

First why do you buy BKP? Buy for the potential oil or market sentiment? Even the oil in the ground and is still intangible asset, it has its value, right? Buy for oil could be wrong but it is wrong for some value of the intangible asset, which could be realized until drill could start.

Second why do you sell in the worst time? Speculation needs to buy low and sell high without matter what your reasons. Selling in the worst is burning the money on fire. Is it stupid to do so? Why didn't sell at the time it was $0.03 or more than $0.025? Is it enjoyable to lose money?

Third if you sell since the delay of the drilling due to the road conditions, it is a action without basic common sense. Do you see any good things would be got in the planned schedule without delay. Going up is harder and much harder than sliding or crashing down.

How about stop the losses? Why don't buy for winning with enough margin of safety? Why buying the balloon when it has been in the sky without protection?

I just don't get the good reasons for burning the money in the ruins. If the house is on the fire, why get the money from your pocket into the fired houses? I believe it is better to get some gems or some valuable you want to get from the on-fire houses!