BQT - Why didn't it boom?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Sk3tChY, 9th Aug, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sk3tChY

Sk3tChY Well-Known Member

I bought at 0.235 on the 26th of July, just after the sattelite announcement.

ps: What did you use to get that chart?

2. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

O no ......:eek: Look at chart below

Attached Files:

3. Sk3tChY

Yeah it hasn't been performing well, I was up 12.4% or something a couple of days after I bought in, but then it dropped. Now i'm about 10.6% down or something, im hoping they'll maintain the price they're at now until they make another announcement which will hopefully give it a short term boost.

My mate said they should hopefully make an announcement about finalizing a contract in relation to that sattelite project, which should hopefully cause some sort of reaction.

4. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

ok I havent studied the following since my focus will be managed funds and property, but if you want to educate yourself about shares, Free online investment classes - ASX is probably a good start.

Cheers
    Simon

5. DaveJ__

DaveJ__ Well-Known Member

That chart came from Metastock and paid data. I manually put in the arrows, text, etc. Its not a stock to i follow so was only a quick look. I would guess that the 'smart money' went into that stock in early June (there is a little spike in volume) Although 'insider trading' doesn't exist in the ASX :rolleyes:

Yeah POS is NOT for investors, unless you believe their story... Just showing that the smart money is probably already in the stock before announcements get out to the 'Mums&Dads'....

" If it is written in the paper then you are at least 1 day too late!" (ie was released the day before when the reporters read it and traders have already traded on it)

Please don't get me wrong at all as i am sure your mate's intentions were very good... I just learnt a loooong time ago not to accept tips unless i have come to the same conclusion (ie own research:cool: )

DaveJ

6. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

I am with you on this one 100% :)

7. Sk3tChY

I see, well im just a beginner, I thought a nice announcement like that woulda caused the share price to go up a bit, and I'd make a nice little profit.

But as you pointed out, most of the money/trading was made before/as the announcement came out, heh.

I guess i'll just hold now and and hopefully I can break even or make a little bit of money when something happens in the company again.

8. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Yep...DaveJ is spot on with his comment !!

You see.... the irony is that quite often stocks are moving up on bad announcements, and down on good announcements.
    Next time instead of trying to predict market direction, simply react to market movement (after announcement) or your system's exit.
    :cool:

9. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Why hold ? Unless you are pretty sure you are going to make money on it in the short-medium term, I think you may end up wasting capital if you hold-and-pray.

Inflation is eating that money - eroding its value every day ... best to have it working hard for you ... you worked hard to earn it, you should expect it to work for you!

Why not sell and invest it into something that you know is going to make money ? Even an ING Direct bank account will earn you more than this share has so far !!!

10. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Sim,
    You made my day at 10.33 am :D :p :D

Sk3tChY >>> Cut your losses short and let your profit run!!
    Hope = 4 letter word.:rolleyes:
    :cool:

11. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Chalk it up as a cheap lesson in market behaviour. Every beginner gets taught this one by the market - sometimes it costs them a lot more!

12. Sk3tChY

Yeh... Trading halt on BQT atm..! :)

Hopefully I'll make back my losses now..! *crosses fingers*

13. Sweet

Sweet Member

I just checked the prices and bqt has just gone up 16.67% over the last hour! dam i gotta read these posts earlier

14. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Hmmmm...Where did you get 16.5% from?

Open - 17.5c
    High - 18c
    Low - 16c
    Current - 16c
    NO volume at all !!. 9 trades so far and BQT is still in red!
    BQT = Chihuahua dog....The origins of the breed are obscure, but they are considered by some to have been held sacred in Mexico by the Aztecs.
    ;)

15. Sweet

Sweet Member

i think my comsec watchlist is playing up, altho it does say BQT posted a 2c gain today to 18c

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia