Brisbane - Any recomended financial planners?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by tysoncl, 22nd Sep, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tysoncl

tysoncl New Member

Hello,

im new to the brisbane area and am having trouble finding a good financial planner to help develop a good base structure and investment plan.

I want to look into options of various business structures such as trusts/companies and how they would suit my goals

Primary goals are long term growth and tax strategies (im in highest bracket)

Evenly split between property/direct shares/funds. I currently have assets in all three and am comfortable with high gearing on all.

Looking for an advisor not based on a commission fee structure that can advise in direct property - or recomend an associate.

Can anyone on here reccommend a few various options in Brisbane that i can personally meet with and review their investment strategies?

Thanks

2. Dolfinwise

Dolfinwise Active Member

Investment Strategies

Happy to share my views with you Tyson:

1) Don't invest in anytrhing the Planner doesn't completely understand. Feel free to grill him onthe detail.
    2) Don't invest in anything you don't completely understand after the planner has explained it to you.

Many people have permanently lost a lot of money in recent months due to consequences of the global downturn and usually it was due to fancy leveraged credit products or lack of liquidity.

3) Diversify always.

Too many eggs in the one basket is the reason most people suffer wealth creation disasters.

4) Don't pay active funds mangers high fees for index like performance.
    5) Understand every layer of fees you are paying.

Fees hurt long term investment returns. Make sure the planner you choose is on your side when it comes to minimising fees.

6) Determine your longer term goals before deciding on the investment strategy

Good luck

Brisbane Financial Planners | Financial Advice | Financial Advisor