Join our investing community

Brisbane dinner - it's on!

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by Mark Laszczuk, 10th Jan, 2006.

1. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

16th Aug, 2005
    Okay, so I finally got around to organising this. Instead of typing out an explanation, I'll just paste a revised version of the email I sent to people who PM'd me (on Somersoft, that is).

Have set a date for the first get together, it is going to be Monday 23rd January at the Belgian Beer Cafe. Wanted to make it Wednesday, but it's the night before the public holiday, so will likely be too busy.

Have two options - a. Do a dinner with set menu not including drinks. Note that the Belgian Beer Cafe is notorious for expensive drinks.

Or b. do a 'cocktail' style thing with finger food and everyone chips in some money. They also said they can rope off an area for us.

I like the second idea - especially for a 'first off' thing as it's a lot cheaper and it gives people a chance to mingle and meet everyone and for the first time, it's not so formal. Let me know what you think.

So I need to know by Tuesday 17th so I can organise it with them. Let me know if you are coming and how many are coming with you. Remember, the more the merrier.

So if there is anyone else that wants to come, please PM me. Note: I will not contact people who leave messages in this thread. If you want to come, PM me. I'm not going to chase people.

Having said that, it would be great to get as many people as possible to come along. I intend to make it a regular thing, so if you can't make it to this one, there's always going to be more. Those of you that do want to come - encourage your friends to come too! The more the merrier!

2. Jenny

Jenny Well-Known Member

15th Aug, 2005
    Would love to come Mark but unfortunately I'm a little ways out of town :cool:

However our daughter has moved to Brissy (renting an IP of ours) so we will be visiting regularly and hope that a future date will coincide.

Haven't read somersoft - is there a format? or is it to eyeball and chat personally to whoever wishes to be sociable.

I'm sure it will be fun regardless.