Building on acreage

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by TryHard, 13th Jun, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Actually I think I have only been evicted because the old girl has a sixth sense when I am having fun without her ;)

The soundproofing is amazing. Bradford Soundscreen in the walls, and got the spray in cellulose in the ceiling last week (throughout the house, trying to stall too much noise crawling thru the ceiling space, plus trying to avoid the worst of summer heat)

The other night I had the DeNiro / Pacino movie 'Heat' on full blast which is pretty much a Silverchair concert from the Mosh Pit ;-) ... and its not even remotely heard from the bedrooms in the house, one of which is probably only 5 metres from the theatre room. It surprised me how well it worked, I have to admit I expected to be using the headphones like our last place. :D

2. FrankGrimes

FrankGrimes Well-Known Member

Carl

Your place looks amazing and I'm suprised how well the soundproofing works? I'm a huge fan of semi-rural and your place just looks great.

Regards,

Grimey

3. TryHard

Thanks v much Grimey. I'm starting to enjoy life on the farm even outside the theatre room ... I bought some seed potatoes today and tasted the first of the mulberries before our 2 yo beats me to them :)

Life's Good, as Mr Navra says :D

Cheers
    Carl

4. FrankGrimes

FrankGrimes Well-Known Member

Also noticed you work from home, do you mind sharing what you do?

5. TryHard

Hi Grimey

Well, at the moment, I find excuses to avoid work and wander aimlessly around the yard planning the landscaping :)

But what I should be doing is running our technology business - which builds travel/tourism websites, web applications, and runs online marketing campaigns for clients, so I manage the projects and our teams from my home desk. At least that's the theory ! :D Most of our client contact is face-to-face at their offices, so its not a bad mix - Brisbane traffic from our side of town is abyssmal so its lucky we don't have an office in the CBD really ;)

Cheers
    Carl

6. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Haha! The mental image is now so visual, Carl :)
    Me pictures a wandering TryHard with the Triffids plotting their escape as he potters around, hoe in hand......

7. TryHard

Hey ! Jacque - I'll tell Mary you called her that ;) (sorry, way too much US telly watching lately ... )