Join our investing community

can I block a user?

Discussion in 'Help & Feedback' started by voigtstr, 2nd Mar, 2012.

1. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

If I don't want to read posts (or replies) from one particular user is there a way for me to block them?

2. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

We can block anything at any time if we have good enough discipline. The problem is if we depend on anyone else to block things, we would damage ourselves sooner rather than later. It is our insanity, craziness, primary instincts, and other human errors to make us be losers.

The key is if we are not disciplined we could not have any chances to control the risks and make profit in the market let alone we also need to be visionary, analytical, and self-reliant.

It is a sign to lose if you feel upset by words. Why do you see your doctor when your body is not good rather than refuse to come into the open place again? Could not see the logic? You are in serious sick.

Are you upset now? Don't ignore this warning signal for your future if you feel really upset! Compromising and tolerance plus other merits of humankind for peaceful mind help us to make money! If we just really want feel good, we need to be in the pub rather than here.

Is it right? If right why don't follow? Not easy to do the things right even we know what is right, eh? If we don't follow the right things, could we figure out what will happen? Market is a wild place and no mums look after us if we don't behave!

Don't think and react as a revolting teenager in the market! Me? I do think as a revolting teenager time by time as I try to grow up in the market at very high cost!

So don't read to upset yourself and never let yourself feel abused or provoked or provoke others personally even some of us would be upset. If we are upset too much it is something wrong in our brains!

Why do write about upsetting? It is a chance to sharpen my mind to wipe out the craziness and primary instincts plus that it could make some mates wiser and make more money!

At last if you are losers, no lovers would be around you and you would feel really depressed rather than upset only!

Last edited by a moderator: 2nd Mar, 2012
  3. voigtstr

Never mind, I found the ignore list! :)

I can now read these forums without being subjected to, and spammed by, psychobabble.

Cheers,
    the voigtstr

4. voigtstr

Settings (top left of screen) then edit ignore list, for anyone else that wants to streamline their forum reading experience. :) :p

5. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

............Cheers.

6. wdongli

Cheer!

Congratulation! We always raise the questions and find solutions even most of us fail to raise the right questions and fail to get any valid solutions for profit in the market. This discovery on how to use the ignored list seems need a lot of efforts and shrewdness. Good start in the market? Highly questioned issue!

I do hope I am in the ignored list if anyone want to use the ignored list. Why? In Ozestock, all of market players who cheered and cried together for ERG without any self-awareness and changed just were wiped out not just from the stock market but disappeared in the forum forever. they were too clever and shrewd so that Mr. Market wanted to challenge against them.

They acted as a part of the cheerful or painful crowd. A lot of them were the survivals of the IT bust but GFC sent them back to home decisively. I was in their ignored list after 2006, 4 years after I wondered what wrong in my mind in IT booming and busts, but they were in the list of the losers completely. Actually they disappeared in the last three years when I worked as a full time market students. They were voluntary to be wiped out.

They enjoyed the slogans too much such as "Short the loss and long profit". However they did keep to be the losers in each great market crash. They failed to ride any significant recovery too. They failed in both short and long. By the way few of losers could sustain the pressure to read the posts they really want to ignore. They want but they just could not. If you could not do, don't do! I never call to ignore anyone's posts since I could not ignore them.

What's the lesson? Cheer for the marvelous and lovely ignored list if you fortunately are in the ignored list. Most of the market players would be the losers or the full-of-losing-experienced old men across the fences and have lost the gut in the great crashes before, which is necessary to keep the market balanced. Do you see Warren Buffett or the great speculator, Livermore, worked hard to put the people into their ignored list?

Do think you are exceptional? Possible but quite improbable. The fact is if you are the winner, you don't need to ignore anyone; if you are the losers, it really doesn't matter who are in your ignored list. How many genius here or there ignored Warren Buffett in IT booming time? How many shrewd men blamed Warren Buffett served himself-interest?

Cheer and life is good! I would like to bet curiously who would lose the shirts again and again, the men in the ignored list or who put his efforts to ignore... Let's see in a decade time period.

Last edited by a moderator: 3rd Mar, 2012
  7. wdongli

These words usually were used by some very self-esteemed laymen in the market. Actually each of retail market player has to go through this stage.

1. They want to learn the skills with the eager to make quick money
    2. They are very easy to be provoked and tend to judge based on their desire.
    3. However they are market babies mentally even they could be matured physically.
    4. They come to the market with a lot of dreams and expect to be recognized and successful.
    5. They are not stupid but could not deal with the complicated market and human primary instincts.

Most of new market players have good education. They become bored in the office and want to get what they could not get in the office. However

1. They don't understand the market is wild field where survival is necessary. Everyone has to be self-interest. No one would give you money if you don't deserve.
    2. They tend to fight for their way in the wild market by using words since those are what they could master. They still could not figure out the logic beneath the words.
    3. The words to them would produce the profit rather than behave properly.
    4. They feel abused if any words hurt their feeling, and often show their angry implicitly.
    5. They believe they are genius, are highly-esteemed, have heard but really don't understand that the genius have more chances to fall down into the hell.
    6. They want to learn but have no capability to know what should learn. So they follow their feeling to learn, shoot, and use the words provoking personally

In the office, you would appreciate them very much since they work very well, would like to take responsibility, good educated, and try to learn any tricks to compete for recognition and success.

They could grown up very well with the guarded environment but few could grow up healthily in the wild place since the compromising, tolerance, and balancing are more important than the skills.

You must be team player in the office and most of market players never work as decision makers or fail to be good decision makers or make decision in very narrowed scopes or their boxes in their office.

You must make your judgment on environment, your affordability, and the consequences of your decision if you want to make any profit for long enough time. However you have too much biases and you tend to support your biases.

Wild place need the change and evolution to adapt yourselves to the environment and protect yourself when you try to get what you want. Office needs the competition capability and skills.

Univ is good for knowledge and skills for our labor value in specialized field. Most of us have learned to much in something but useless for the market. Most of market players don't know market is a wild field.

Not all of animals could survive in the wild fields. Most of them would never grow up and become matured. It is cruel to stampede each other for a single exit but they do always.

Most of retail market player live in this wild place as babies mentally. Most of them could put some big words there but if you ask some questions they just could not find a proper answer. It is unsustainable pressure and let them feel abused by the questions. Instincts win over the logic again.

You should not be angry when anyone uses the words such as "subjected to, and spammed by, psychobabble." 10 years ago I was in this stage too. However if you don't want to die you have to grow up. In wild field, no one want and could save your.

However life should be happy and feeling is the way for your happiness. So happiness is the result you pay or others pay. Life should be cheerful. Even no brains need them desperately too.

Let's forget we could lose and lose again and again. If we could cheer now why do we beat our own? Yep!

It sounds very illogical and stupid to say or know you are your own worst enemy:

1. psycho-babble to say you are your worst enemy.
    2. spam to say the primary instincts make our losses. Fire could burn the money. How the primary instinct burns the money?

You are crazy and you are in my ignored list. A man have to love the ignored list!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: 3rd Mar, 2012