Join our investing community

Capstone Project - Discussion/Questions, not begging for copies of assignments

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by MrJohn, 10th Feb, 2013.

1. MrJohn

MrJohn Member

Hi.

My Capstone project is due in 12 days, I've just about finished most of the questions and am about to start the actual SOA. I looked at the other threads and they seem to be 99% people asking/begging for other people to give them their work. I'm not really interested in doing that. I am interested in discussing the assignment with anyone else who is working on it, or who has already done it and is happy to provide some insight.

I'm able and willing to do my own work, just wanting to connect with anyone who feels the same but would still like a study buddy.

I'll get notifications if anyone responds to this thread, and I'll come back and follow-up if I do.

Cheers,
    John

2. jmc

jmc New Member

Hi MrJohn,

I'm also currently doing my resubmission of the capstone project i have about 3 weeks left, i would be happy to offer any advice and vice versa from yourself.

Josh

3. MrJohn

MrJohn Member

Cool. Just curious -> what did you get bounced back on that required a resubmission?

I've come up with an overall plan, still writing all the details, doing the projections, etc.

Some general questions I've been thinking about:

1) How did you handle George/Rebecca's starkly different views on risk?

2) Did you recommend they make a payment to their mortgage? I know they mentioned it as a possible goal, but I don't really think it's necessary. I might recommend they increase how much they pay monthly as they have some surplus income in my plan, even with planning for the future education costs.

3) I'd be interested in bouncing some actual figures together with you to see if we got in the ballpark, like:

1) They're cashflow situation before the advice.
    2) How much insurance they need (basically compare CIMER results).
    3) How much they'll need saved up to retire on.

I have to say, I'm having the most difficulty pinning down exactly what I need to calculate to show that they'll have enough $ for retirement. They said they want to live on $60k per year - I assume that is today's $?