Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. redman361

redman361 Redman

I am sorry if there is already existing threads but the only ones i found were very old, mind you 24 hours is old when you are into CFDs. I am curious if anyone else is having much success with CFD trading. I have been going for 6 months now with a $5k bank and am averaging 7.8% per month. That will roughly double my money each year. I am thinking about having a bigger exposure because that would decrease the percentage of my expenses. It is not easy and needs constant monitoring and very disciplined approach, definitely not suited to a gambler personality.

Last edited by a moderator: 25th Nov, 2008
  2. Tim__

Tim__ Well-Known Member

Well you are doing well then.

Are you trading Aust shares? Blue chips? STW?

I would be interested in what you are doing and how you are doing it?

Stop losses? Short selling?

Tell us more.

Tim

3. redman361

redman361 Redman

I am mainly trading ASX shares using a subscription to International Stock Report and a few other reports. I spend my time looking around for what you can get in the way of sample reports, quite surprising what you can get for free. I also have had some luck trading Forex in currency pairs like GBP/USD, EUR/USD - USD/JPY, USD/CHF. This month has been the quietest with very few obvious rewarding trades presenting themselves. I am going to start on some short trades again which I had success on before the bans.

4. Tim__

Tim__ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply - good luck with it all

Tim

5. TradingEd

TradingEd Guest

So you do not use technical analysis, or you do?

Seems you would be playing the markets blind, especially CFDs if you were not incorporating at least some TA.

6. redman361

redman361 Redman

Technical Analysis

I do use some technical analysis but mainly to justify some market reports i subscribe to and i pick the eyes out of these to make my own selections