Managed Funds CFS Global Sustainable

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Lam Thieu, 8th Oct, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lam Thieu

Lam Thieu Well-Known Member

Hello all,

This fund has been promoted by Colonial recently...i've seen posters on tram and bus shelters.

Looking at its performance for the past two quarters it has performed pretty unspectacularlyl...negative in first quarter and only starting to go positive this quarter.

Is it a wise choice to invest in this now, since it's still early days and the unit price (buyin) is still low. It started at $1 but has been tracking below it ever since.

It could well improve and become a strong fund like the Perpetual Ethical SRi (BTW is this a comparable fund to the Colonial one?).

2. DaveA__

DaveA__ Well-Known Member

i reckon ull get slugged with fees for this...

the advertising budget must be huge, let alone the retainer they must be paying al gore for the use of his name....

i doubt it will live up to expections but this is not a recommendation nor a bashing

3. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

No one here is going to tell you what to do.. You need to read the PDF and decide if what they are investing into will yield results in the future.

Any investment like this should be a 5 year plus investment.. so watching the price movement month to month isn't really a wise thing to do.

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Personally I'm reluctant to invest in a fund that is yet to be proven ... for anything other than an index fund (which one would assume they can match their index correctly !!) ... you'd want to make sure that the fund manager can actually produce what they say they will.

I aim for a minimum 3 years performance history ... even though this doesn't reflect future performance, it at least proves past performance - and you can compare this with other funds.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.