Managed Funds Charter Hall Umbrella Fund - Property

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Lam Thieu, 22nd Oct, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lam Thieu

Lam Thieu Well-Known Member

Saw this on Investsmart last week and requested a PDS just to see what it's all about.......today received a big thick glossy pds with a lot of colours...LOL

Anyone interested in investing in this fund...it's new, starting with $1.0 and seems to get a lot of good recommendations.

For wholesale fund, the minimum investment is only $10k...and MER is only 0.4%....the thing though is that it charges a performance fee of a whopping 15%. Ouch.

https://www.investsmart.com.au/distributions/overview.asp?DistributionID=322

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

So how well has it performed during this year's property correction ? Bzzzzt ... you don't know because it is new!! :p

I am very reluctant to invest in a new fund ... I generally like to see at least 3 years worth of performance that you can use compare against other similar funds or at least against the market.

Otherwise all you are buying is hype.

I'm not saying this fund won't do well (I wouldn't know - and my crystal ball is broken still) ... I'm just saying to be cautious and don't invest money you can't afford to lose.

3. Andy D

Andy D New Member

According to my sources, it is going to be oversubscribed. Only 100m options were to be allocated, and there are more than enough people wanting in.

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Ahh it is a closed end trust is it ? How do you get your money out ? How often do they process redemptions ?