Join our investing community

Chicken pox!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jacque, 16th Jun, 2006.

1. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

It's been a slow week for me with no. 2 down and out with the dreaded pox. Though my wonderful business partner is keeping the show running, I do miss not being able to leave the house!!! :(

For those of you with chn that haven't yet had the vaccination, please consider getting it done asap. Chicken pox really is not a nice virus and my poor 11 yr old son has had quite a severe case, with chronic itching and massive crops of blisters. He has been dosing up quite happily (now) on XBox and DVD's, and appears to be almost permanently welded to the comfy spot on the lounge. Getting used to being served and mollycoddled by his housebound mum!! :D

2. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

Are you sure he hasn't been adding new spots with a texta pen? :D

Hope he's on the road to recovery...

Cheers
    N.

3. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Well Riley got to return to school this week, albeit less spotty but all healed :)
    But you wouldn't believe it- my eldest daughter (12yrs), Ellie, has broken out with it today!!! This is despite being vaccinated back in March this year at school. *sigh* Guess it's back to the chicken soup and the calamine......

Just as well I have a competent business partner whose children are fit and healthy!!!! :D

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Perhaps you can console yourself with the knowledge that your kids will be better off having it now, than developing a much more serious version of the illness when they are older!

You do NOT want to get the adult version of chicken-pox!

5. perky

perky Well-Known Member

That explains why we didnt bump into you guys today after our eldest played her match (like we seem to do quite often!!) . Hope Ellie gets better soon!!
    I think you may want to quarantine Bronte to her room :eek: so she doesn't get it....