Join our investing community

CIMER Simone

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by micdan, 28th Jun, 2010.

1. micdan

micdan Active Member

Hi everyone
    I am currently working my may through the Kaplan Risk Management Module. I am uncertain as to how I should treat the Lease on the Mercedes in the CIMER plan. I also find that after I have deducted unpaid spouse duties ie $25,000 and living expenses $36,000 = $61,000 I have a surplus ie. $113,282 - $61,000 = $52,282. Unfortunately in the Case studies the income earned is less than the expenses. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    Micdan

2. JJ

JJ New Member

Anyone can help?! Urgent!!

I am confused,2!!

3. gocats

gocats Well-Known Member

Hi Micdan, I passed my risk assignment first go early this year. From memory I didnt even mention the lease on the car. I also included that she needs to generate income (under I) for her mothers allowance until she is 85, household expenses and education costs for her daughter each year until she is 20

4. micdan

micdan Active Member

Thanks Gocats.
    I have made provisions for the mother and the child's education.
    Pleased you passed the assignment on the first go. How did you go on the exam?

5. kylie13

kylie13 Member

Hi Micdan

I have passed the RM assignment. I didn't inlcude the lease in the cimer plan. Generally lease through employer and if she dies ....no car. I did make my own list of assumptions and included them in the plan ie I stated that her partner has his own car. Hop that helps. My first blog currently doing IP1 assignment

6. micdan

micdan Active Member

Thanks Kylie. Congratulations on passing the assignment. I hope you have equal success with the IP. Have you done the exam yet?

7. bunt_09

bunt_09 New Member

CIMER Simone & Husband Example

I have a surplus for Simone's husband and a bit confused with case study one CIMER plan. Does anyone still have their assignment to help me out.

Much appreciated.

Bunt

8. Chandhani2012

Chandhani2012 Member

Hi, Micdan,
    Hope this message reaches you. How did you handle the problem of arriving surplus while calculating I in CIMER? I have to resubmit the case. But quite confused how to deal with it.

9. Chandhani2012

Chandhani2012 Member

Hi Bunt,
    Did you solve the problem?