Claiming tpd insurance 5 years later

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by claiming101, 8th Oct, 2013.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. claiming101

claiming101 New Member

Okay , so i was working in construction , then i got sick and was in hospital and haven't worked since for my condition i have stomach problems, diverticulitis.

Now how silly am i 5 years later 2008 was last time i worked , i just realised , that i have tpd insurance cover ,

so i have been on disibility pension payments for 5 years not knowing i had this cover , still sick from the date i got sick from my job ,

so its stressing my out about this 2 doctors singing,

in my forms i recieved i only have one form for doctor to sign which got singed today plus she put in my other 2 doctors that seen me in 2008 , still in the medical centres records from 2008, she stamped it ect, i've been seeing this doctor for 7 months, she brought up my 2 doctors that no longer work at the medical centre still on the form

so i still have 2 doctors on the form plus her , my doctor, gotta remember it was 2008 that i got sic from my work went to doctors then went to hospital.

it sounds crazy but , its tipcle me not realising what i have had this tpd cover sitting there for 5 years

so i'm claiming 5 years later as i got sick in 2008 ,

i have two questions does it help my case been on dis pen for 5 years after 2008 plus have proof lost work and docters got sick 2008

plus still sick now,

thanks
    help appreciated

thanks

2. claiming101

claiming101 New Member

i havn'et worked in 5 years still same sickness since i left 2008

and its threw sun super

3. claiming101

claiming101 New Member

do i need two seperate doctors, or the one doctor and she put down my 2 doctors at the same medical centure at the time on the form,

plus her own signatre so thats one doctor that put her plus other 2 ?

gotta remember this is 5 years later, plus on dis pension

just want to make sure i'm doing everyt hing right as its stressing me a bit.

thanks

4. Andrew Newman

Andrew Newman Well-Known Member

Hi claiming101

Contact the insurance company you hold the policy with and ask them directly.

Kind Regards

5. claiming101

claiming101 New Member

Thanks andrew

Theve rung i've sent everything in i can

there asking for more doctors contact details then i've sent it my current doctor

as its been 5 years later some of the doctors have since left i said check my records at my gp general practice where i seen my doctors

that i gave them the name the records are still on file at the centre

hopefully that helps

i have the gov on my side i think as i been on disablity payments since 2008 anyways ?

hope i get the claim

thanks

6. tanuvasa.tribe

tanuvasa.tribe New Member

Hey There any updates on your claim?