Clauses made simple

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Jacque, 18th Dec, 2005.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

I recall a book named something like this published a few years ago now by a fellow called Banta? Someone feel free to correct me here. I'm sure you would know, Nigel?
    Just wondering if anyone has it and, if so, did they find it particularly useful?
    With all the legal jargon peppering our contracts these days, I thought it might be a good resource to add to my ever growing collection :)

Then again, maybe I should start with another garage sale first........ :D

2. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

Clauses made simple by Rob Balanda.

I recall reading an earlier version. It seemed okay - but quite some time since I read it now. But bear in mind Rob's a Qld solicitor so some of the clauses may not be entirely applicable to NSW contracts.

You can buy it online.

Cheers
    N.

3. Jacque

Thanks for that, Nigel.
    So is there anyone who's written a NSW version, I wonder?
    I recall you being interested years ago in doing a publication of this nature- or was yours more specifically covering property investment?

4. johnnyb

johnnyb Well-Known Member

Clauses made simple:

Santa: a Clause that lives at the North Pole and wears a red suit. Often seen at this time of year in shopping centres surrounded by Elves, children and a photographer.

Mrs: the wife of Santa (see above)

5. Jacque

Very good johnny :)

6. Jacque

On a serious note....
    If anyone has a copy of this book by Balanda that they want to sell, I'm all ears. Please PM me if you do- happy to pay a fair price for a recent edition, particularly :)

7. Tzaki

Tzaki Well-Known Member

I have some of his other books, and find them very usefull and easily understood (yep I know shockin aint it!) :D

When I heard him speak at the Metroploe seminar in Melbourne I was impressed.

I believe that his clauses are usable in most contracts.

They range from the fairly basic "subject to funding acceptable to the PURCHASER" to more complex clauses covering access prior to settlement etc.

I think the books retail for around $50 (or $90 for 2?) but cant be sure.

8. rambada

rambada Well-Known Member

Have had the book for a while and find it really useful. It also comes with a CD, the cut/paste option and send it off to your RE agent is great. Sorry, not for sale as too useful. Available through the API website/bookstore.

9. Kimberley Seymour

Kimberley Seymour New Member

Dear Jacque

No need to have a garage sale, the author of the successful book you are talking about is Robert Balanda and his third edition "Clauses Made Simple" was launched only this week and is available for purchase through the website www.clausesmadesimple.com He also has several audio cd's available on various subjects as part of his Made Simple Series which may be of interest to you.

Please email me if you have any further questions.

Kimberley Seymour
    [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator: 9th Sep, 2011