Join our investing community

CMC Markets ad, browser help?

Discussion in 'Help & Feedback' started by Rod_WA, 25th Jan, 2008.

1. Rod_WA

Rod_WA Well-Known Member

Hi Sim

That bloody CMC markets video ad with the dude holding up a CD, downloads whenever I restart my browser (Firefox 2.0.0.11 Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11) and come to InvestEd.

I reckon it's about 2MB every time. :(

Any tips about how I can adjust my cookies/cache to prevent it downloading over and over? I reckon it accounts for 10MB of downloads a day!

2. PJA

PJA Member

Are you talking about that annoying thing that appears on the top RHS of screen and blocks out some of the site navigation buttons ?. Its intentional by this forum otherwise it wouldn't be there. I don't know what the specific solution is to block that specific annoyance, but blocking pop ups worked for me on this one. Seems every site is doing the same sort of thing, filling your screen with unsolicited ads, which if you are like me only makes me vow to avoid the product involved

3. Rod_WA

Rod_WA Well-Known Member

No, it's below the posts. It's not a pop-up, it's embedded in the page.

Bloody thing appeared again while I was reading your post and my internet traffic monitor lit up like a Christmas tree.:mad: