Commercial Property

Discussion in 'Commercial Property' started by BlueEyes, 3rd Jun, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BlueEyes

BlueEyes New Member

Hi,

I have been reading much information regarding property investment and have some experience with my own personal residential properties. I also own a commercial property in Perth which has grown to be worth quite a lot and has a great yield to a 5+5 tenant. I want to take the next step and go up in the value of investment but wonder at the risks. The properties I have looked at have fantastic tenancy agreements of 10-25 years to well known clients and the yield is also wonderful. As you can imagine though the prices are in the millions. Now after loan repayments there are large amounts of cash leftover from the rent which is a fantastic thing that allows money to reinvest elsewhere, however I do worry about the viability of the properties once the "well known clients" leases are up! For example one is Caltex, we all know what happens if when the lease is up they decide to move or close that station, you are left with a mess that cannot be used for years by anyone for anything. The others are pubs (well known ones) which are a safer bet than the service stations but I worry about the massive costs of liability insurances etc with these kind of investments. Anyone here have any experience or knowledge they could share?

Thanks

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.