CommSec Share Packs

Discussion in 'Sharemarket Investing Platforms, Tools & Services' started by Lam Thieu, 5th Nov, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lam Thieu

Lam Thieu Well-Known Member

Looking through the various online brokerage options recently and came across this option offered by CommSec.

They automatically pick a portfolio for you (bluechips) based on your investment style and you save a lot on brokerage. For a new investor who doesn't really know much and will surely invest in bluechips to startoff anyway....kinda thinking that this may be the best way to get into direct share investing.

Has anyone joined the game via this route.

I'm also interested in the Margin Lending which CommSec offers...with the convenience of everything in the one facility....though realised that it's not the best rate around. Bank of Queensland and NAB seem offer cheaper rates.

Has anyone joined CommSec but use a different Margin Lender?....are there any difficulties with doing this on CommSec?

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Archangelsupreme,

There shouldn't be any issue using another margin lender, the trades should settle DvP.

Cheers,

Dan

3. johnnyb

johnnyb Well-Known Member

When I asked Commsec about using another margin lender the response was that it is easy to do but:
    $80 brokerage for a trade seems a bit excessing to me.

John.