Concrete resurfacing

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 30th Jul, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

I have a rather large sloping driveway in three concrete sections, all of which are badly cracked. One section has also "dropped", causing a lovely bit now where it's possible to trip over and curse whilst you struggle to regain yourself before hitting the ground face first.
    Before I shell out for a complete new driveway ($$$$$) has anyone here had any experience using a concrete resurfacing company to repair such problems? I have had a couple of people out, and one told me that it was all too easy to fix, whilst the other shook his head and suggested that a new driveway was the only option.
    Appreciate any advice here from those in the know :D

2. kevinb

kevinb Active Member

Concrete resurfac

Hi Jacque

A couple of neighbours had the same problem. Dug up the part that was sticking up and had new concete poured. Then had the whole area re-surfaced with epoxy mixture to look the same. I will post a photo to you.

You may be able to grind off the offending bits and then cover with the epoxy.

Rgds

Kevinb

3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Thanks Kev- look forward to the pics. What type of company specifically did they use?

4. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Hi Jacque

Probably rejuvenating an old driveway is a lot of work versus small return for the concretor who charges by the square metre :)

As per KevinB's advice getting the dodgy bit jackhammered / concrete sawed / bobcatted / or all the above, then it would be a relatively simple job for a standard concretor you'd think ? How it is removed would probably depend how thick it is and what state of repair.

Not sure what the cost of removing the old bit would be, but new concrete should be around $50-$55 per square metre laid (based on current Bris prices anyhoo)

It'll always look different, but if an IP maybe no matter. Otherwise I think most epoxy style stuff to cover the concrete is in the region of $20-$30 per metre applied.

Let us know how you go !

Cheers
    Carl