Costs of HDT with corporatee trustee

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by DaveA__, 25th Apr, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DaveA__

DaveA__ Well-Known Member

for those who have set up a HDT recently, what type of ball park figure would i be looking at to set one up...

i notice on chris battens website deeds are $990, so with the company would i be looking at about $2500 to get it all set up and running or a bit more???

i know i could ring myself and ask but im really looking for just an approx figure and know nick is a busy man and dont want to waste his time..

cheers

2. bundy1964

bundy1964 Well-Known Member

Company should be from $400 DIY or more if a Lawyer/Accountant fills in the forms for you and lodges them, most online services charge < $200.00 + the $400 ASIC fee.

3. NickM

NickM Well-Known Member

Hi Dave
    Our firm charges $2200 for a HDT with a corporate trustee. This includes ABN, TFN registrations + advice and assistance in structuring the finance
    Yes, you can purchase a DIY company if you want to save a few dollars, but just make sure you get the directors & shareholders right from the outset.
    Cheers
    NickM

4. DaveA__

DaveA__ Well-Known Member

thanks for your reply nick, i new you were pretty busy so i didnt want to both you on the phone.... 2200 is pretty good, under my estimate so im pretty happy...

i was going to set up the HDT but no issue units, id only set it up purely for future reasons and use it as a DT for the moment... so the structuring of finance shouldnt be to much of an issue, however the advice would be the big difference from any other company...

EDIT: just curious, how much do you charge for a normal HDT with out the company bit (either if you BYO company (with all the correct info), or its just an individual)

cheers

Last edited by a moderator: 30th Apr, 2007