Day Trading Live

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Andrew G, 27th Nov, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Andrew G

Andrew G Well-Known Member

G'day all,

I've seen a number of youtube short videos showing people day trading, and seeing share prices go up/down "live" while they are demonstrating how they are making money from their "new day job".

Can you actually get software that hooks into a broker of some kind that allows you to have your own "watchlist" as such track share in real time??

I access my managed funds through InvestSMART, however that does not offer anything like this.

THanks,
    Andrew.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

There are trading platforms which give you this real time data.

Commsec has one: Commonwealth Securities Ltd.

I've never used them, so I don't know which is best or how much they cost. Generally not the type of thing you use unless you are a professional trader.

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

When I was trading SM I was using live BOURSE data.
    As Sim said, if you are not at least a semi-pro, you do not need live data.
    Ah yes...watching live screen all day long is NOT a fun and after some time you get nuts !! :p

4. mrpdb

mrpdb New Member

google either asx or advfn for all your live info both are free to join, hope this helps

5. nitro-nige

nitro-nige Active Member

I use webiress. I've had a demo run on the Bourse which has some good pattern drawing tools.
    Incredible charts offer a live service.
    Google finance as a 15min delayed chart. It's the most basic way to get data but for an idea of what is happening or trying to learn to read/predict it's okay.
    Most of the others have the ability to change chart type (bar, line, candlestick) and time frame (1 min, 5 min, 1 day etc) as well as draw trend lines etc.

6. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

the interactive charts on etrade are pretty cool too. I might keep giving etrade 20$ a quarter, just for the charts feature. (I think its live data not delayed, I'm probably wrong though), comsecs charts seem spartan by comparison. (not using webiress yet though, which I think is 80 a month)

7. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member