Join our investing community

Dealer Groups

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by Blueskies, 9th Mar, 2012.

1. Blueskies

Blueskies Member

Hi All,

I am in the early stages of entering IFA land. I am looking to align myself with with an accountancy practice, legal practice and mortgage broker.
    Have any of you readers been down the same path, if so what tips and traps might you kindly provide on selecting dealer groups to use for this process. The longer term objective is to gain my own AFSL however this may be a while off. Any advice in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. Terryw

Terryw Well-Known Member

3. Blueskies

Blueskies Member

Thanks Terry, would that be a flat fee? The other dealer groups that I've looked at charge % based.
    I wish you luck in your business.
    Regards BS

4. Terryw

Terryw Well-Known Member

Yes, looks like a flat fee. You keep 100% of all fees and commissions though

5. Blueskies

Blueskies Member

Seems to be worthy of further investigations Terry, thanks.
    I've found a previous thread also which is now back to the front of the Que.
    I have 9 years experience working in the Bank space, have a reasonable client base that will follow me at the conclusion of the non solicitation period and will be looking at expanding on my SMSF focused work however it seems to be a minefield determining the best foundation to set in place to make the transition.
    I appreciate your assistance.
    Cheers,
    Blue

6. Terryw

Terryw Well-Known Member

BS,

That $1000 pm doesn't include the PI insurance - which is an extra $2300 approx each year.

I see they also have a SMSF only option for $3000 pa.

BTW, i am just going by what is on their website which could be out of date.