dealing with Banks

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Nigel Ward, 16th Jun, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

One of my colleagues sent this email round today.

my emphasis :D

Seriously though...which bank :rolleyes: do you find best to deal with...or do you just leave it to your broker :cool: ??

I've found St George to be excellent in customer service. But that didn't stop me refinancing away from them due to better LVRs and vals available with ANZ.

Cheers
    N.

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Hi Nigel

What banks are good ?

Hmmmmmmmmm, now what day of the week was it :O)

I cant tell you of any consistently good lenders, but can name 2 seriously conistently poor performers, with a couple of runners up.

ta
    Rolf

3. -T-

-T- Well-Known Member

Hey Nigel

From personal experience, I like CommBank. They are relatively useless when you need attention, but... it feels like I have unlimited credit with them, they give me the best rates by far, they have decent online facilities that don't use Java (<-- the work of the devil) and the local branch is really quiet, plus the girls look after me there.

I have finance with St George, Suncorp and Macq too, but I try to keep all with CommBank where I can. For me, getting money from St George is like getting milk from a bull. All I can say about Suncorp is that they're awesome for commercial; I have residential rates with them and they go past 75% LVR. That's on real commercial/industrial too, not a block of units.

I know many people don’t like ‘which bank’, but I can’t argue with the rates and ease of getting money.

-T-

4. talbashan

talbashan Well-Known Member

i'm with 'which bank'. i love their online facilities but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
    i have a $320k LOC with them for our mortgage and another $200k LOC for investment. the other day i wrote a cheque out for $192 which because of bad planning on my part took me over the $320k LOC by about $75. they refused it and charged me $35. i am told that some other banks such as maq will ring you up to give you a chance to tranfer funds before refusing the cheque and charging you for it.
    big picture stuff....

tal

5. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Actually my broker gives the best service :)
    But if I had to choose, I'd have to say I've been happiest with Westpac so far. They haven't lost any trust deeds, delayed settlements or even told me any incorrect information (yet) . Let's hope they keep it up!!

6. Ilya

Ilya New Member

Are banks perform good or bad!!!???

I have a question for everyone.

1. Are banks perform good or bad in terms of customer service fees and charges?

2. Are banks consumer orientated or profit orientated?

3. Is it ethical to hear from banks about record profits while people are struggling to pay out their debts and interest charges as well dozens of fees.

4. What is comparason rate?

5. How many fees and charges banks have?

Your solutions and answers are higly appreciated

7. Saskatoon

Saskatoon Well-Known Member

8. Ilya

Ilya New Member

Good website!!! Found good information on savings accounts

Any other informnation I can find their which answer my questions?