Debt Reycling Question

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by bkar1617, 31st Mar, 2010.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bkar1617

bkar1617 New Member

Guys, I currently have a PPR loan with 3 sub accounts, one of which is an LOC and only used for investment purposes (buying property/shares etc). I also have 10 other investment loans supporting various investment properties. In order to fast track the recycliing of the debt in my PPR loan, can I direct all investment property rent income to the PPR (non investment loan) but pay all investment loan mortgage payments from the LOC (investment loan)?

2. GregReid

GregReid Well-Known Member

A simple answer is 'yes'.
    There is no requirement that income is directed into any one bank/loan account as long as you can match the income and costs for your tax return.
    You need to make sure any draw down or use of funds from the LOC is solely for investment purposes and you do not mix private and business expenses.

I have a preference to use an offset against the PPOR and direct income into that rather than into the PPOR loan itself as it can provide future flexibility.
    Greg

3. wealth_creator

wealth_creator Member

I've been here for all of 2 days now. But I must say, Greg, you seem like a great asset to everybody here on the forum. Well done mate.

I like your general point of view and next time I'm down Vic way I'm going to have to stop in and say hello.