Diploma of Share Trading & Investment

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by holtk5, 28th Oct, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. holtk5

holtk5 Member

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone here can give me feedback on the above course through 'Wealth Within'. I am thinking of doing it and would like to know of others experiences dealing with them.

Thankyou

Kate.

2. holtk5

holtk5 Member

Has anyone done this course? :confused:

3. Alwayslooking

Alwayslooking Well-Known Member

Hi HoltK5

I was looking at this and had the details on the diploma sent out. From what I could see it looked very comprehensive and am told they run efficiently with staff who can provide continual support. Unfortunately though it is very expensive.

I am currently trying to learn how to trade and hoping that within the next 12-24 months I will have a handle on it and eventually make a living from this.
    Have you read Justin Pollard's book "Smart Trading Plans", Smart Trading | Australian Stock Market Training & CFD Education.

I am very impressed with her trading plan and will pursue further education via her courses, these can be costly too, but there are some cheaper options. She holds seminars in NSW and has a mentoring group.

Cheers, AL

4. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Education costs money – unfortunately...
    Why don’t you talk directly to Chris Tate??.
    Chris is considered by many to be one of the best in this business. :cool:

5. Alwayslooking

Hi Tropo
    Have also been reading Louise Bedford style of trading which seems easy to read.

Apparently, women make the best traders, something to do with psychology. What a relief :p

6. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Chris was Louise's mentor in her early days...
    She is very good....and good looking as well! :D
    Yep....it all comes down to the psychology in this business. :cool:

7. holtk5

holtk5 Member

Thanks for the replies!! I realise it is expensive, but you cannot put a price on education, particularly when it comes to finance! Wealth Within do offer a payment plan option also. I'd say that will be my way of being able to do the course! I have read some books on trading, but i'd prefer a structured learning environment so i know exactly what i need to learn. I will also go with the 'self paced' option.

8. Alwayslooking

Hi Kate
    I agree, can't put a price on education. Can you keep us posted, as I am keen to see how it all pans out.

Hi Tropo
    At the moment I would be very happy to view some good looking charts, if you get my drift.

Cheers, Olivia

9. TROM

TROM Active Member

I to was looking at hometrader, wealthwithin, Louise Bedford/Chris Tate - The exepense was not the problem. Just not having enough to really be serious about investing/trading money is my problem.

Though if you want a real structured learning environment Hometrader have their own individual computers in the training office and you directly get hands on experience.

I would gather that chris tate/louise bedford is more like they tell you what to do and you do on your own at home. But if you are not serious about trading as a business don't call Chris Tate as he is very committed to showing you how to trade professionally and treat it like a business....

10. BeesKnees__

BeesKnees__ New Member

Diploma of Share Trading and Investment

Hi,
    Just been reading your post regarding the diploma of share trading and investment course. The course is an expanded and re-written version of David Schirmer (David Schirmer Fraudster - off The Secret...(google this)) course.

I have done the course and found this out later as Dale Gillham use to work for David Schirmer selling his diploma. This course in my opinion is very over priced for what was delivered especially if you are trading in this current climate. It teaches you more of a long term investing strategy.

I have since done a course via EIS (Economic Indicator Services) and for around $600.00 including a years subscription to there yearly forecasting service it was an amazing course. The EIS course has given me such simple techniques that have proven very profitable for me.

Just wish I found it before I blew my money on the diploma.

Hope this helps.

11. kerstinsnoopy

kerstinsnoopy New Member

hi beesknees...
    can you tell me which course you did with EIS...
    i am also thinking about doing the wealth within course, but am not sure if i need to spend that kind of money...
    thanks.
    kerstin

12. BeesKnees__

BeesKnees__ New Member

Hi kerstinsnoopy,
    It depends what you are looking for regarding the courses by EIS. They have a range starting from beginner to advanced.

I have no affiliation with them at all but like I said I wish I had done the EIS course or courses before the Diploma as I would have nearly 6K still in my pocket.

They say you get what you pay for.... but in the financial industry it seems everybody is waiting to rip you off. That's what I liked about EIS. They don't believe that you need to pay 6K to learn how to trade.

There style is simple and easy to understand and they are a great help. Has worked for me very well I must say.

Hope this helps.

13. snowie

snowie New Member

same here

Yer same here - i also done a course with eis which was good but getting up there in price which was stopped me from doing the wealth within one.
    I reckon the book by stan weinstein profiting in bull and bear markets is a great start. I have also done all 4 workshops with total trading concepts which were fantastic and cheap. :)

good luck
    from a newbi

14. ozzy__

ozzy__ New Member

Hi,
    Could you please provide me the EIS (Economic Indicator Services) institute Course contact details as I about to join to $7000 fee course.Looking at your tread reply i changed my plan.
    Please send details to : [email protected]
    Thanks in advance.

Regds,
    Joe

15. Rogue Trader

Rogue Trader New Member

I just found out yesterday from Wealth Within that the course is no longer covered with VEE-Fee Help. So not it cost 11k to do it. Thanks tho those Shonky private colleges who broke the guidelines and affected Wealth Within courses.