Do you think $100 a month for internet is wasteful

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 17th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

talking to a friend of mine last week at work,...

( he is a 54yo single guy Yossi who is a multi millionaire primarily because he doesnt spend anything, brings a cut lunch to work,walks from his home at Edgecliff to City and back rather than spend money on transport and reads the supermarket specials.

Anyway getting getting back to my topic he Yossi was horrified when i told him i spend $99 a month on unlimited internet plus home phone.
    He said he uses his mobile phone data .

I do watch movies on Youtube on my days off .

2. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Depends what your goals and priorities are. If you don't spend anything you can accumulate wealth faster, simple maths.

Been 54, single and eating cut lunches would get pretty old very quickly.

2 people like this.
  3. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

'nutter' butter sandwiches work

peanut butter ( without spread ) on wholemeal ( not that pale filler ) works pack it in the reusable plastic bread bag ... the upside nobody steals it either .

i don't live in NSW but goodness do i have a half brother ???

but back to data usage , are you getting value ( by your standards ) for what you pay for ??

you might end up paying more for cable-TV or going out for movies etc.

your $100 a month might be an aid to your share or property investing ( as examples ) and might actually make money when averaged out .

PS i walk because the wretched public transport doesn't go where you want to go WHEN you want to go ( and bushrangers are more courteous when demanding toll )

but talk more to your friend he may have some ideas that work for you as well