Domain vs RealEstate

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 17th Mar, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Talking to reps today from both these companies (at the current Property Expo in Darling Harbour) reinforced my belief of their ultra competitiveness with each other. Not that there's anything wrong with healthy competition. At least it means that they are constantly working to improve their game....
    When I asked each of them who was bigger they both claimed to be :)
    Well, naturally, given this little discrepancy, and upon further questioning, it actually transpired that:

1. Domain actually gets more web hits than realestate.com in NSW
    2. Realestate get more hits Aust wide than Domain.
    3. Both claimed that their site is more popular than their competition.

Hmmm..... I did mention to the very nice team at realestate.com, however, that I thought the inclusion of word specific searches (like Domain) would be a huge boost to their site and most helpful for those of us looking for detailed features (think terms like: side access, waterfront, double block/bedrooms, self contained, spa, pool etc). Apparently, this is in the pipeline for forecast site changes over the next 6 mths :) But, they did say that at last year's Expo too.... :rolleyes:

Realestate.com also have no immediate plans to allow private sellers on, just for the benefit of those who wondered. This, in my opinion, is a growing market that they really are missing out on capturing, as Domain allows private sellers and landlords on, and for reasonable fees.