Dual Occ Subdivision

Discussion in 'Development' started by AndyB, 23rd Mar, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AndyB

AndyB Member

If anyone can offer any ideas or assistance with the following it would be very much appreciated;

Have spent several months and several thousand dollars preparing everything for a DA submission to council for 2 off 3 Bed Dual OCC in Berry NSW (Shoalhaven City Council). I have just been told that there is NO subdivision allowable for Dual Occ, either Torrens or Strata[​IMG] .

Has anybody heard of this before? All my criteria satisfies the Dual Occ guidelines, however they won't allow 2 titles.

Where can I go from here? Does anybody have any creative ideas?

Thanks in advance
    Andrew

2. TwoDogs

TwoDogs Well-Known Member

I know nothing of that council, but why did you assume you could sub-divide?

Anyhow, perhaps you can get through under a different DCP, such as villas or units.

I'm bouncing some ideas around in Ryde at present, they do not allow Dual occ sub-divsion, but 2 villas can be. Different set of rules and harder to comply with.

3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Poor you! Ryde council is known to be one of the toughest councils to deal with when it comes to development. Good luck!

4. TwoDogs

TwoDogs Well-Known Member

Thanks :( Since the change of rules last year it is now officially tough !

Ryde is also not my first choice for developement in terms of return, just trying to put together something to help my mother get into a small house, she will only live in Ryde.

5. Jacque

If you want to build some equity, I'd be looking at a small house on a larger block that you can add value to later down the track by either extending or knocking down and rebuilding. I've noticed a lot of knockdown jobs currently happening in nearby Gladesville as the blocks are decent enough to still build a new two storey place on.

6. sharonL

sharonL New Member

Hi, I want to buy a corner house block about 650k, subdivide the land and build 2 duplexes at one end. I’ve been thinking of buying at Ryde as it is an area that I can afford however now I am a little skeptical after reading your comments about Ryde being a very tough council to deal with and that they do not allow Dual Occ sub-division.
    As this is is my first attempt in subdividing and building, I want to gather as much information as possible before I start anything.
    Could you guys give me some advice on what I should do? Which councils that you’ve dealt with are more ‘lenient’ with such activities? What areas should I be looking at in terms of good return?
    Thanks alot.

7. Jacque

Hi Sharon

I can't speak for all the councils but check out both Parramatta and Hornsby councils. Hornsby is really interesting at the moment as they have a possible rezoning coming up with their Housing Strategy in review now.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia