Dual Occ Title Options?

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by AndyB, 13th Feb, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AndyB

AndyB Member

Hoping to get some ideas on the following;

In the process of submitting DA for 2 off 3 Bed Townhouses and I am looking at the options for subdivision. My initial contact with council leads me to believe that Torrens Subdivision will not be possible, although a new DCP is due out soon which may be more favourable.(Currently block of land is too small 700m2) My question then:

Is it possible to build 2 detached dwellings on single block but set them up to have 2 separate titles? What, if any options do I have if down the track I wanted to sell only one?

Thanks in advance
    Andrew

2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi Andy

The best bet is to contact the duty officer or the town planner at your local council and ask them all your questions. There are so many councils in NSW with varying rules and regulations that it's best to speak to someone with knowledge specific to the area you're wanting to develop in.

Good luck with it all and keep us posted as to your progress!

3. AndyB

AndyB Member

Thanks Jacque,

I have spoken to duty officer several times and he has been great with all my questions. Subdivision is a separate section and thus far I have not been able to find someone similiar, but I will keep plugging away till I do.

Regards
    Andrew