Join our investing community

Eager Beaver

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by madmick, 28th Oct, 2007.

1. madmick

madmick New Member

Hey All,
    This is my first time here and am keen to learn a bit about investing as I am going. My partner and I currently have 2 investment units and Cairns and are looking at others ways to invest wisely so all our eggs are not in the one basket. Hopefully you fine people can give me help me learn a bit more about various investing options.

Cheers Mick

2. Billv

Billv Getting there

Hi Mick,

Welcome to the forum, do some reading of earlier threads they could give you some idea of what other people are thinking and how they invest and by all means hit the reply button and ask any questions you have.

Cheers
    Bill

3. MattR

MattR Well-Known Member

Welcome madmick

Good luck with your investing.

Cheers

MattR

4. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

I hear that Cairns and Townsville are doing really well, is that true?

5. madmick

madmick New Member

Cairns market is good

Hey Glebe,
    Cairns market at the moment is doing really well. I am no expert but the our initial IP went up around 28% in the first year we have had it. I reckon thats pretty good going. Our other IP is only new so cant comment to much about that one. As for Townsville, from what I hear it is also doing well but that only hearsay and have not looked to much into it. Rental market in Cairns is around 2% at the moment. There are still heaps of good bargins around if you look for them. I am looking at buying another IP there very soon as I think it is only going to get better.
    Cheers Mick