Join our investing community

Electronic Signatures

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tailcat, 30th Oct, 2007.

1. tailcat

tailcat Well-Known Member

Can anybody tell me the current state of play with electronic signatures.

I have just finished filling in 3 PDF application forms on screen. I then have to print them off to sign them and then post them by snail mail. All because of the signature.

The postman then arrived and allowed me to `sign' his PDA to take delivery of registered mail.

In the past I have rescanned a form and emailed it to a friend who has then hand delivered the form to meet a tight deadline.

I am aware of the security risks. But I would be interested to know the latest state of play in this `technological hiccup'.

Tailcat

2. Billv

Billv Getting there

Tailcat

At work we have saved the electronic signatures of our managers.
    These are used by authorised admin personnel in QA, when they are sending letters etc.

No signature is used without the written authorisation of the person involved.

However, being a new thing it's a worry so for security reasons I have a different electronic signature to my handwritten one that way even if the electronic signature is copied and misused, my bank accounts, identity, etc are not at great risk.

Cheers

3. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Tailcat,

It makes me cry, I think the only one doing electronic signatures was AMP Insurance...Go figure.

I do agree it is ridiculous, we still have to get client's original signatures to set up accounts, ie, investments, super and pensions. I can understand for a rollover from another company but a rollover from super to pension in the same company is painful.

Cross our fingers for the future...

Dan