Employer Contributed Super -> Navra ?

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by gad, 17th Sep, 2005.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. gad

gad Well-Known Member

G'day

Can one elect Navrainvest as their superfund of choice & have their employer contributed funds deposited directly into Navrainvest or is this just something that people with SMSF's can do?

Thanks

2. Rick__

Rick__ Well-Known Member

G'day gad

If your eligible I know you can put your super into the Navra fund through Wealthtrac if you want to go solely into the Navra fund. You can also go through Beacon if you want a spread with other funds as well. They may both do both if that makes sense.

You should be able to select how you want it divided up. If you ring Navra Financial Services I'm sure they will be able to put you on the right track.

Rick

3. MichL

MichL Member

Hi Gad,

Currently there are three retail superannuation funds who will allow you to invest in the Navra Blue Chip Australian Share Fund. These are:
    1) Beacon
    2) Wealthtrac
    3) BT

All 3 of these retail superannuation funds will allow you to invest in a number of other managed funds (and direct shares) as well. You can also invest your superannuation into the Navra Blue Chip Australian Share Fund via a self-managed superannuation fund.

If you were looking to purchase NavraInvest Ltd shares through superannuation, the only way you can currently do this is through a self-managed superannuation fund.

Cheers,
    MichL

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Thanks MichL ... do you know if anyone has done any type of analysis between these three retail super funds to compare fees/insurance options/investment choices ?

Or am I going to have to do it all myself :rolleyes:

5. TwoDogs

TwoDogs Well-Known Member

I looked at web sites for these three companies, only on Beacon could I find any mention of fee structure. It seems you must have an advisor :mad: , (even if you don't need one) who of course will take their cut when first investing and on each super deposit, plus Beacon's fees which look about 1 to 1.5% of capital. It's great Navra only do a performance fee, but the total fee structure looks high when forced to invest via a 3rd party. Perhaps cheaper than a SMSF, but I feel that with all the hands out along the way, one must really want Navra (or other non-super funds) in your super.

6. gad

gad Well-Known Member

Thanks guys

I'll do a little research when time permits.

Thanks again, much appreciated.