Join our investing community

Employment opportunities Rep or License Holder

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by MI$H, 11th Mar, 2009.

1. MI$H

MI$H Member

17th Nov, 2008
    Newcastle NSW
    Much to my surprise I have some very warm leads for employment with 2 very good companies.
    There are some small differences in the roles, but my main confusion is one company holds a Financial Planning License from ASIC and the other company is an authorised rep of Securitor.

Does it matter? and what is the difference to the service they offer?

Would the license holder be able to offer me more in terms of career then the Reprehensive?

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

8th Sep, 2007
    Sydney, NSW
    Hi Mi$h,

That's great news!!! Well done!

Securitor is a franchise model like AMP/Hillross financial planners who own their own business and pay a % of all revenue to headoffice to pay for support services like compliance, tech/computer support, revenue receivables, etc. I can't comment on the other business as you didn't list who the licensee is.

Securitor is owned by St George Bank, as a St George Bank financial planner, it is an option that down the track we can run our own businesses.

Banks and insurance companies have reputations which they can't afford to be tarnished by doing the wrong thing by a client, they will correct any issues with bad advice (think AMP with their ASIC enforceable undertaking a couple of years ago) whereas smaller licensees can shut the shop if they start feeling the heat (think of Storm).

Did they say what your role will be? Think about which gives you the best opportunity to grow over time (which opportunity would give you a solid base to grow your knowledge and skills).

PS Well done again!
    Last edited by a moderator: 11th Mar, 2009