Join our investing community

Enrolling in Diploma of Financial Services (FP) at Kaplan

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by MrsPlatten, 27th Aug, 2010.

1. MrsPlatten

MrsPlatten New Member

26th Aug, 2010

I am currently a customer service officer in a South Australian Bank, I have recently been developing a careers plan for myself and have decided that I would love to get into Financial Planning.

I have researched the education courses available - and have come across the Diploma at Kaplan. I have a 2 year old daughter and am planning to fall pregnant again soon with baby number 2, however I would love to kick start my new career plan. Has anyone reading this post studied the Diploma of FS with a young child or baby, while working? Is it possible to do it successfully under these circumstances or would your advice be to wait until my children are a little older?

I feel I am at a crossroads with so many wonderful things happening in my life, and I'm just not sure which order I should be doing them in. Any advice from parents in similar situations would be great thank you. I have a very supportive husband who would allow for me to have a few hours a night for uninterupted study if need be, while he cares for the children.

Also, is this course the correct course to take for full accreditation as a Financial Planner? The opportunities within my current workplace would be amazing in this role, it is something that I feel I would really enjoy and find quite rewarding.

Thanks for your help ..
    Sam :eek:)
  2. kyliejayne

kyliejayne Member

13th Mar, 2010
    Hi Mrs Platten,
    This course if the one for full accreditation and qualification for Financial Planning. Alternatively, if you cannot commit, you can do the RG 146 course which gives you enough to advise in super and insurances to begin with.
    You have a few months to do each unit in DFS so even with kids, I dont think it would be an issue, but I am not a mother so I cannot absolutely say for sure.
    I dont believe youd be biting off more than you can chew though. Good luck.