Eureka Report, AFR, CNBC, etc.

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by iiinvestor, 13th Feb, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. iiinvestor

iiinvestor Well-Known Member

Hi investors

Would anyone be interested in sharing what resources they subscribe to for their daily dose of market news?

I received a Eureka Report subscription for xmas and have a list of sites in my favourites that I browse daily. I also buy the AFR whenever I have the change and I'm at the shops. Lastly, I am an AIA (Australian Investors Association) and AVCAL (private equity/venture capital) member, so I receive regular bulletins and reports from them.

I've thought about a subscription to AFR, but there's a whole lot of reading in one AFR and I'm not sure if it would start to be a waste of time.

Does anyone have an opinion on either of the above or use alternative sources of info?

Thank you

2. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

I'm a big Eureka Report fan. I read the AFR in lunchbreaks too.

3. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

4. iiinvestor

They put out some really good stuff. The report isn't as frequent as Eureka, but you get access to seminars, events, teleconferences, etc. I like the teleconferences; just dial in from home and have an interactive session with a range of people. The last one I dialled in to was with an HFA fund manager and was about global equities. They haven't had one over the holiday period, but I hope they keep on doing them.

They also have regular bulletin style newsletters on different topics. There's one especially for SMSFs, Property, Equities, Managed Investments, Derivatives, etc. The Eureka guys often contribute to the articles and they're usually NOT a repeat of the Eureka content.

As for the report you attached, I noticed Roger Montgomery had written the first article. Here's the webinar link to Montgomery's philosophy. He's another Buffett follower, but he seems to have some fresh ideas too. You may have seen it already, but it's worth posting for the folks who haven't.

5. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Thanks, downloading it now. What's with Roger pimping this Stockval stuff though? Doesn't he have enough money?

6. iiinvestor

More funny stuff from Kohler:

As for StockVal, I thought it was Montgomery's from all of the promotion. You bring up an interesting point; I wonder what his net worth is. Being CEO of CAM and a self-proclaimed stock picking genius. I do wonder.

7. blank1979

blank1979 New Member