Join our investing community

Exam venue

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by candice_w, 25th Nov, 2010.

Tags:
  1. candice_w

candice_w New Member

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there is anyone else in TAS or any other remote location doing this course and if so where did you do the exam? i.e. library, uni, etc. I'm about to do the FFP exam and i don't really have a suitable venue to use.

As there are no Kaplan offices here i need to find my own venue and supervisor and at the moment i'm a little stuck as to what to do, since i'm currently not working so don't have the place of business as an option and the venue cannot be a residential address and the exam must be within business hours. As well, the supervisor can't be a relative, friend or anyoneyou live with. So i'm just wondering if anyone can give me any ideas. Are there people you can hire to supervise exams? Has anyone done their exam at a public library? etc.

Last edited by a moderator: 25th Nov, 2010
  2. Annabel.S

Annabel.S New Member

Im not much help, did mine at work and had a colleague supervise, but could you possibly keep an eye out for the $20 flights from Tassie and come over to Melbourne for the day to do the exam at Kaplan in the city there? I think they run exams 3 or 4 sessions a day.
    Maybe speak to your local librarian and see if they would be happy for you to do it there and sign off on supervising? It doesnt involve much, all they would have to do is make sure you dont "cheat" and sign in on your behalf to the exam online.