FAMILY bills up $4200 in Sydney

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by Nigel Ward, 5th May, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19033208-1242,00.html

Journo sensationalism aside, I guess this highlights the interconnectedness of the economy and how intrinsic our reliance on fuel is...

Not much room on my balcony...but perhaps we need to start growing tomatoes given the 22% rise... :D

Altho how I'm gonna get the cow to the 6th floor to combat the 5% increase in milk costs I'm not sure :p

N.

2. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

Yes...yes...yes....

Hang on..........did they say beer has gone up 4%? :eek: :eek: Ok.......maybe this deserves more attention. :D

On the other hand there is a number of State Awards that will receive a 3-4% pay rise from July 1, and it doesn't sound like any great secret that tax cuts are on the way too.

'Some good......some bad' would hardly create an eye catching headline though would it? Let's stick with 'Familes to starve under latest MASSIVE rate rise!!'

:)

3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

And drag out all those poor battlers again on worthwhile current affair shows like TT and ACA. Nothing like a big of sensationalistic dribble to fill in the gaps when nothing else is going on in the world..... :rolleyes:

If borrowers of investments (no matter what form) haven't allowed contingency plans for rate rises of up to 2-3% to cover themselves in harder times, then they only have themselves to blame. There's also the option of fixing one's rates to maintain consistency.

As for petrol, looks like it's time to get smaller more fuel efficient cars- I know my little Toyota Echo is great on the juice and yet I can still fit the family and two weeks worth of groceries in :D

Forget growing the toms on the porch though, Nige. By the time you fork out for the pesticide sprays, the netting, the expensive organic soil, the pretty pots, the necessary garden tools etc you may as well pay full price at your favourite fruit market ;) Now if you lived here in the Hills and had loads of sunny spots in the ground like I do, then you might really be economizing by growing your own!

4. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

:D :D

Nigel,

Note that Jacque has given you no excuse though to not to get the cow!

Mind you, given the 'carrying capacity' of the Echo, I'd see if you can get her to deliver the cow....

Hmmmm......was that a cow I saw on the roof racks of an Echo going along Pennant Hills Road???? :D