Join our investing community

FFP assignment resubmit HELP!

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by badfeeling, 18th Jan, 2010.

1. badfeeling

badfeeling New Member

it is so sad that i need to resummit assignment as they said some question i need to resubmit:(, they are

1e: i m not sure what TIME FRAME mean, i cant find any example in notes and internet

3a

4b: same as 1e, i m not sure what CASH FLOW TABLES mean, cant find in the nites and internet

5d

can u give me some hints? thx

2. jdf81

jdf81 Member

Are they referring to the time frame of the investment for a client?

ie. if a client has a short term outlook on an investment, then locking them into an illiquid investment would not be a good idea. Similarly, if a client is elderly, then genuinely you would avoid equities/shares because they may not have 'time' to sit through a market crash...so you'd probably stick to fixed interest and cash type investments.

Edit: I don't have the assignment in front of me, and I could be leading you down the wrong path.

Last edited by a moderator: 20th Jan, 2010
  3. TLH333

TLH333 New Member

Don't feel bad, it is an extremely tough assignment and you should just be proud that you completed it. If this is for the Kaplan FFP Assigment, i might be able to help...

1e - I too had to resubmit this one, it is for the complaints process right? You basically need to "make up" a time frame for the turn around time for the planner in the text, if you go to Financial Ombudsman Service :: Home Page (Financial Ombudsman Service as mention in the subject notes) and it will give you an idea of the complaints proceedure and an idea of the turn around time. Different planner offices have different proceedures on this and because this is a made up scenario, you need to make up your own proceedures. There is no right or wrong answer in terms of time lines as such, it's just that some approximate time lines need to b there.

3a -Did you submit the fact find with Marco's details and talk about what gaps were in it?

4b - Attached to the assignment are cash flow table templates - you need to complete a before and after of his income and expenditure etc and place this in the SoA

5d - Again, you will just have to make up some rough time lines for each part of the process of implementation i.e. investment applications, paying off debt etc. No right or wrong, just an approximate schedule.

Not sure if this is what you needed, but i hope it helps!

4. garycon06

garycon06 Member

Q 2 b

Hi Folks,

I too am trying to do this assignment, for Q 2 b for the 3 questions to ask marco, what sort of things did you guys go for?

Any help would be much appreciated.

5. merlinnn

merlinnn Active Member

For question 2b I asked open questions that would get Marco to elaborate on his goals, eg short term financial goals next 2 to 5 years, plans for his family (medium term and retirement considerations such as working longer to retire wealthier. (long term)

Last edited by a moderator: 19th Jan, 2010
  6. garycon06

garycon06 Member

thanks merlinnn

im going to try and complete 1,2 & 3 this week hopefully, then tackle this SOA which looks to be quite substantial, thanks again