Join our investing community

FFP Assignment

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by micdan, 4th Apr, 2010.

1. micdan

micdan Active Member

How strict are Kaplan with word limits?

I am seeking advice as to where I can obtain information about the tools and techniques that can be used to determine a client's risk profile. The question asks me to identify the advantages and disadvantages of each approach. Unfortunately the relevant section in the manual does not draw and comparisons.

Another question asks me to explain qualitative and quantitative information - this I have done, but I am having difficulty justifying the need to collect this information to make up 250 words.

If anyone is interested in having discussions about this assignment, I would love to hear from you.

Happy Easter
    Micdan

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Micdan,

Usually in assigments the word limits are a guide, they obviously don't want you to write pages for the sake of it and also at the same time want you to show your depth of understanding.

Cheers,

Dan

3. chu84

chu84 New Member

I swear university assignments are less tedious than this and this is just a diploma. I can't believe how much work needs to be done for just 1 question. Q5 where you have to prepare a compliant SOA is the worse :eek:

4. micdan

micdan Active Member

Thanks for clarifying this for me AsxBroker.

5. micdan

micdan Active Member

Yes, there is a lot to be done, but for those of us who are new to the industry there is a lot to learn in order to become RG146 compliant.

6. squidjibo

squidjibo Member

hello micdan and others
    my assignment deadline is the 23/04/10
    good to see some recent posts, perhaps we can discuss the assignment as we need to?
    Dean.

7. micdan

micdan Active Member

It would be great to hear some commentary from other people on this assignment.