Join our investing community

Finally checking in!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Aaron Sice, 6th Feb, 2017.

1. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Member

Over from PC, finally.

Avid short-term leveraged shorter here, looking to make the most out of learning about dividend and growth shares.

Happy to share any knowledge I can about my intermittent but ongoing shorting CFD escapades on the US market.

Help a brother out, yo!

Simon Hampel likes this.
  2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

i don't intentionally play in the short and exciting stuff , which is lucky for me or the cardiologist would make me stop that as well . ( mumble grumble )

however dividend and growth shares ( mid-term holdings can be either or both )

first lesson .. learn about DRP ( Dividend Reinvestment Plan)

Dividend Reinvestment Plan - DRIP
    written for the US but much works similar here
    The Perks Of Dividend Reinvestment Plans

now you don't have to do this , but understand it , and use it or reject it as best suits you .

should you choose the do some DRP then this will give some extra hints

Investing 101: The Concept Of Compounding

the art of compounding: Investopedia.com

( hint the more often a div. is paid ... say 3 monthly , the better compounding works )

now this sort game has it's complications as well .

buy low ( and don't sell ) sounds simple , but sometimes it is just good sense to reduce ( rescue that investment cash ) or to exit completely .

knowing when you are in a crash or just a correction ( or just a retracement ) is very useful as well .

i suggest study ( and research) hard and wait until the XJO drops below 5000 before buying , but temptation will probably beat you at the waiting game ( i even bought some BWP , dearer than i would like but am playing a hunch )

PS have a plan you will stick to ( when it is wise to )

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Hi Aaron great to have you here.

I'm pretty sure we had a couple of people who were into CFDs around here, but things have been pretty quiet recently - will see if I can track them down.