Join our investing community

*Finally* found my way over...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JamesGG, 3rd Jul, 2007.

1. JamesGG

JamesGG Member

Hiya,

It's been a long time coming, I guess. From what I can see, I'm certainly not the first to wander over from Somersoft (and I doubt I'll be the last), so I'm guessing a few of you already know who I am.

For those that don't; I'm 21, actively investing while trying to enjoy my youth, and currently working as an accountant after a period of working as a real estate agent (but don't hold either of those career paths against me). I know a little about trusts and tax, and a little more about real estate, and will happily share what I know where I can. I'm sure I'll learn a lot more than I teach, though.

Hopefully, I'll be able to make a small positive difference to this end of the woods.

Cheers

James.

2. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

Great to have u onboard James...and about time too!

3. Timmsi

Timmsi New Member

Hi,

Good to see you on here James!!

I haven't been here for a while but after getting some Navra funds, I'm checking it out some more!!

Peter

4. DaveA

DaveA Well-Known Member

Nice to Have you James

is there any relation to DaleGG? I seem to think i remember reading you were working with him and are stepping up now he is retiring???

5. JamesGG

JamesGG Member

Hiya,

Thanks guys.

Yes, the GG after my name stands for the same thing that Dale's does. He has indeed retired recently (at the ripe old age of 43), and I am assuming a little more responsibility as a result.

Cheers

James.

6. DaveA

DaveA Well-Known Member

its fantastic to see your in a great position so young then...but i imagine your going to become alot more busy...

so have you attended uni or plan to do CA, CPA, Financial Planning, head back to real estate? Just be interested to see what your goals are over the next few years....

Not to many people have their head screwed on at 21...

7. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Welcome James - great to have you here. Congrats on the extra responsibilities (or is that commisserations ? :D )

8. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Great to see you here James, c'mon in, the waters fine :cool:

With an interest in Shares, Real Estate and your current career and influences i'm sure you'll b a font of information (after all....i need all the help I can get)

9. JamesGG

JamesGG Member

Hiya,

Thanks again guys.

I'm still working my way through uni. It is part-time study around full-time work (with too much unpaid overtime!) and I find it hard to be motivated when I know I am not learning anything of value through the course. But, I'm getting there.

As for future plans, very few of these rely on my career. The current mindset is that I intend to stay in accounting, particularly whilst my name is still on the door here. Long term though, I am more interested in owning and managing a business rather than working in one.

Cheers

James.

10. johnnyb

johnnyb Well-Known Member

Hi James,

Welcome aboard. You've just done my head in though - I was reading one of your replies and noticed you only had 9 posts to your name. Took me a while to realise I was on Invested and not SS :eek:

John.

11. MichaelWhyte

MichaelWhyte Well-Known Member

G'Day James,

Nice to have you over here too. I didn't know that Dale had retired, but good on him. And good luck to you picking up the reins.

The tone over here is just as good as SS, and on current form I'd say much better. You'll also get a lot more information about the equities markets and what's going on here than you would on a property only forum.

Welcome.

Cheers,
    Michael.

12. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Hi James and welcome.

Having been a client of Dale's for years, I was always impressed with his integrity and willingness to assist in any way he could. I am sure those qualities have been passed down through the genes to you.

Great to have you onboard!

Steve

13. quoll

quoll Member

G'day James

Yep got a few SS members over hear.

The business thing is a big learn. Happy to offer advice from the trenches. Most of those I speak with are doing it tough currently in business retail.

Good luck

Cheers
    quoll

14. perky

perky Well-Known Member

Nice to see you over here James.
    As Michael said, the tone here is a little more civil that other favourite site nowadays , and with more emphasis on shares too.
    Enjoy !!

15. Bantam Roosta

Bantam Roosta Well-Known Member

Good to see you over here James. This place will certainly be better for your input, so don't hold back.

BR