Join our investing community

Financial planners in Melbourne?

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by victorngel, 2nd Jun, 2008.

1. victorngel

victorngel New Member

16th May, 2008
    Hi guys,

First time poster here. Just discovered this site not too long ago and have been reading through most of the posts and feedback and advice has been real helpful ! Even inspired me to go out and buy Noel Whitaker's book on Making money made simple (great book so far)

Been looking around for a good financial planner to get started with since i'm a first time investor and have only just started working 2 years.

Have looked and contacted Navra based on the comments written about them here but they seem to be taking a long time to reply and kinda concerned since I'm based in melbourne (inner city) and don't seem myself going traveling that often.

Have looked at Find a Planner but they are just names to me at the moment. Anyone have any recommendations or experience (even bad ones so I can cross them off the list). Much appreciated !! :)
  2. APerry

APerry Active Member

7th Jul, 2006
    I am happy to recommend.

Luke Naughtin
    Henderson Maxwell
    Ph 03 9620 5823

Luke is in the CBD.

3. Andrew Newman

Andrew Newman Well-Known Member

5th Nov, 2008
    Hi Victor

I have also just discovered this site - plenty of interesting discussion taking place.

I would like to comment that buying books to educate yourself is a definitely great start.

With regard to a "good financial planner", I believe most people want the following (not in any particular order):

• independent advice
    • their needs and objectives understood
    • education
    • timely responses
    • peace of mind
    • financial security
    • wealth creation plan
    • transparent fees and/or commissions
    • not paying too much for advice
    • advice in their best interests
    Not sure how your search is going with finding a "good financial planner" but I would be more than willing to have a chat with you. Also, I am based in Melbourne. I do not charge for an initial chat over the phone or a face to face meeting for up to 1 hour.

All the best with your search.