Join our investing community

Financial Planning Study Group forum guidelines

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by Simon Hampel, 1st Nov, 2016.

1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

We have provided this financial planning study group discussion area with the intention that our members who are undertaking study towards one of the various financial planning qualifications, would use it to help each other learn.

What we do NOT intend this discussion area to be used for is the following:
    • offers or requests to swap or trade assignments
    • offers or requests to purchase completed assignments
    We encourage people to ask their questions directly on the forums and help your fellow students with their assignments online for the benefit of all members.

We will be removing any requests to swap or trade assignments including any posts which contain email addresses with requests for sharing information.

If you want to share, do it in the forums for the benefit of all members - don't take it offline.

Anyone found to be soliciting or requesting assignments for purchase will be banned immediately. We have zero tolerance for any kind of plagiarism or profiteering from paid assignments.

We have also received complaints from members who have been ripped off by people posting offers of paying for assignments where they paid money but didn't receive what they were promised. Be aware that there are unscrupulous operators out there. We take no responsibility for any financial transactions you may enter into based on contact you make on this site - we don't authorise or warrant any such arrangements.

We started this site to help people learn from each other - and we are happy to extend that to people who are studying for financial planning qualifications. Please feel free to ask questions and learn and share in the discussion forums - that is what this site is for.

Natia likes this.
  2. Natia

Natia New Member

Dear Simon,

to check, if a student is struggling to locate an answer or unsure of how to proceed with calculation, are we permitted to assist them? What would be our limitations in our responses or the extent of questions in this case? (apart from what you have previously mentioned)

Kind regards,
    Natia

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Hi Natia, thanks for asking.

I absolutely do encourage you to help people who are struggling - help them to better understand the question or suggest approaches they may consider, point them at resources that they can use and so on.

Just do it on the forums so that other students who may be struggling can learn as well. There's no need to "hide" it if it is genuinely helping them learn (as opposed to just giving them the answers).

There are so many times I've been looking for the answer to a problem and I've found a discussion on a forum somewhere which has given me enough ideas to know where to look or a different approach to try.

What I don't want is people directly swapping assignments and there have been some users actively selling completed assignments (and some associated reports of people being scammed too) - that's the activity I will be actively removing.

neK likes this.