Join our investing community

Fork in the road

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by knightm, 30th Jan, 2012.

1. knightm

knightm New Member

23rd Jan, 2012
    Sth Coast
    Hi all,

First post I am here to broaden my horizons mainly focused on real estate and been over at somersoft but hoping to get other perspectives too.

I am considering a startup business where I assist someone (aka the client) to buy a house for a great price then support them with the cosmetic reno and possibly add a granny flat or other small developments. I have just enough experience I think and so far of my 5 deals none have gone bad.

My wife and I have 4 young (7 5 3 1) kids and just build a new home and cash is tight. I have a friend who is known, semi related, very wise in life and smart financially possibly offering to partner with me in the business. I also know there would not be any likely personality conflicts. If I took it on I would solve my short term cash flow worries and gain momentum more rapidly in the business as he also offers complimentary skills in the development area. BUT I would be giving up a share of the business, a share of future profits. Is it worth it? At what cost? Anyone done something similar?