Join our investing community

Formal introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ramone_johnny, 8th Oct, 2006.

1. ramone_johnny

ramone_johnny Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Its been a while since I posted last here so I thought Id jump on and introduce myself formally.

My name is John - Im 33 years of age currently residing at Springfield Lakes Brisbane. At present I am renovating an investment property at Camira which is going well and am about to start a new job with state government in information tech at the Royal Brisbane Hospital.

Would love to meet like minded people here and look forward to discussing the wonderful world of investing with others!

RJ

2. ramone_johnny

Here are a few shots taken of the house before we started.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      24.6 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      29 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      26.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      21.9 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      27.1 KB
      Views:
  3. ramone_johnny

Will be back to post up some more photos later and answer any questions you may have! :)

RJ

Attached Files:

• 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      59 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      70.2 KB
      Views:
  4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

We do have a photo gallery RJ - might be better to post photos in there so we can find them again in the future easily - as opposed to searching through these threads.

Just a suggestion :D

5. MichaelWhyte

MichaelWhyte Well-Known Member

Welcome Dude!

Great to have you on board...

Cheers,
    Michael.

6. ramone_johnny

Thanks Mike - Ive had enough over at that "other" forum!

Rj

7. Chris.R_WA

Chris.R_WA Well-Known Member

Come on RJ, it wasn't that bad... I really liked your reno thread:)

Hope its all going well for you,

Chris

8. MichaelWhyte

MichaelWhyte Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Chris. I read through your thread again and couldn't see anything that was too rough. Most of the posts were positive, some a bit tongue in cheek and the odd bit of stirring. You need to remember that most people are too chicken-sh*t to do what you've done, and so will be looking at any way possible to bring you back to the pack. If you succeed then it just makes them look even stupider for not doing it themselves and they don't like to feel that way.

I love your thread and hope you keep posting in it. I've become a bit of a lurker on it and only post seldomly, but do read all your updates with interest.

Don't give up yet mate, did you read Peter Spann's most recent post on that thread? And the PM I sent you with a link to a post in your thread... ;)

Anyway, welcome on board to InvestEd too. You'll find most of the discussion over here seems more Shares orientated for now, but has a liberal dosage of property mixed in for flavour.

Cheers buddy,
    Michael.

9. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Welcome RJ. Don't let the turkeys get you down ...

At the end of the day, stick to your plan and your dreams, this and the other forum are just a side issue, hopefully providing good and bad feedback to help you think things through from all perspectives.

The web encourages more chicken sh*t (quote MichaelW ;-) ) people than 'real life' because anonymity and safety behind a keyboard is a great buffer to allow some people to avoid common courtesy and respect, which might otherwise get them belted upside the head.

Take it all on the web-chin mate and enjoy the journey ...

Welcome again
    Carl :)

10. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Having re-read my post from last night, I'd just like to point out I wasn't calling anyone on this forum 'turkeys' :) I realised my post could be misconstrued, and my excuse is Dan Murphy's had a sale on cleanskin reds, and they're quite poisonous by 8PM ;)

Actually having read the thread in question on the other forum, I thought Peter Spann's advice was quite good about taking on criticism. I normally find him a bit "ho hum look I have a Ferrari" but that post showed he can be quite insightful.

Anyway, good vibes to all - may your greater power or being be smiling on you :D

11. ramone_johnny

Yeah look, im not upset over it. Its just a shame to be constantly subjected to such cynical and negative comments.

I mean seriously, Id expect some of the comments I received if I was unemployed, sitting on a poker machine, and smoking $50 worth of cigarettes a day.

I just dont understand why anyone would bother contributing to a forum full of motivated, passionate, driven people with such negative mindsets.

Oh well, such is life.

RJ

12. peterf

peterf New Member

Hi

i'm thinking of doing a reno in ipswich, just wondering how yours turned out johny ramone?

13. ramone_johnny

Mate sure thing - send me a PM and Ill pass on as much information about the reno as I can.

RJ

14. islandgirl

islandgirl Well-Known Member

Gabba Gabba Hey Johhny!
    Welcome. Seems like you are doing good work.

Seriously don't worry about the "dream stealers". I guess there are people out there who are born negative. These are probably the same people who never actually get off their butt and achieve something because there will always be something wrong. Yet they are the same that cry - why does that guy have all the luck. Well its because "that guy" is working hard to achieve this goals. Good on you and good luck.

Cheers mate

15. vandalic

vandalic Active Member

I wondered where you were hiding these days RJ ;)

16. ramone_johnny

hehe - well not really hiding - just keeping a lower profile over here :p

RJ

17. AndrewG

AndrewG Well-Known Member

G'day - so how is the reno going, after a few months you should be finished/close to, and it should be looking pretty good!

Andrew.