Join our investing community

Foundations of Financial Planning

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by balmy nights, 12th Mar, 2010.

1. balmy nights

balmy nights Member

12th Mar, 2010
    Hi guys

Stubbled on this site whilst trying to make sense of FFP..........

I have submitted assessments around 2 weeks ago to Kaplan... anyone got any idea what the current pass rate is, and did anyone else find it really hard, there were some days I was just staring at the computer waiting for divine intervention....

Would love to hear from anyone who has passed, failed or otherwise to give your feedback to the process.

Cheers :)
  2. Mel1776

Mel1776 Member

7th Mar, 2010
    Melbourne, Vic

I finished the first component of the Diploma about a year ago when it was called ELC (with Kaplan). I found the learning and understanding ok but I did struggle with the assignment and exam. I did not pass the assignment the first go and had to re-subit. At the time I didn't have anyone to bounce off in regards to what I was doing wrong but I thoroughly went through everything again and came up with the pass. Again with the exam make sure you go through all your formulas and notes continually. The exam is broken up in sections and the first time I did not pass (only one section) when I sat the exam again I only had to sit the section I had failed. But all good, I passed in the end.
    I think if it is something you feel passionate about you will work through it.
    Good luck..