Four checks for a financial fire drill

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by twisted strategies, 1st Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

Four checks for a financial fire drill - Cuffelinks

i thought the GFC would have a second part so have had a strategy in place since 2013 , but i have tried to tweak and improve that plan as time and new ideas come along .

there is a saying that you can drill and drill and drill , but it isn't until the real event occurs before we see if the plan works ( this time )

2 people like this.
  2. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

15 days over 18 years give half your return, don't want to sit on the sidelines and miss any of those!

3. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

apart from stocking up ( on what i consider ) safe havens , already

i have bought a substantial ( for me , possibly chicken feed for others ) position in BEAR ,BBUS ( and a smaller position in BBOZ )

the logic being i expect savings banks to restrict cash outflows in a crisis and i will use the '3 bears ' as a liquidity buffer ( sell at a modest profit but inject the cash straight into the share trading accounts , ready to take some opportunities )

my concern is 'cash on the sidelines ' might actually be frozen there , when it could be most useful , in the market place