Free Seminars???

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Lam Thieu, 31st Oct, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lam Thieu

Lam Thieu Well-Known Member

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good site or company that holds free seminars about investing/shares throughout the year.

I'm quite new to investing (just starting to read on direct share investing) and just want to know more before taking the plunge into direct investing.

Thanks.

2. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

ASX do free seminars. Only helps if you live in a capital city though, I suppose.

Mark

3. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

Freeman Fox hold free seminars, or some are $28-$48.. they also have a 'welcome to wealth' on DVD which they send out free if you can't attend the seminar..

I also believe Investors Club holds free seminars regarding property investment..

4. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Navra Financial Services have seminars, not free, but worth their money if you can fork out $200-$300 (tax deductible).

5. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

only tax deductible if your considered a active investor and derive a income from your activities.

6. Lam Thieu

All the ASX seminars charge $5 admission or something. not much, but still it's not free.

And i'm not really sure how useful they would be.

7. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

If you do have problem with $5 please let me know and I send it to you!

Some people are paying approx. $5000 (one off payment) for full access to pro traders for as long as they are interested in trading/investing Stock Market or any other markets.

If you are not willing to risk $5 and find out how useful ASX seminars are, why are you even bother considering Stock Market as an investing/trading vehicle???:eek:
    Do you know that real knowledge costs money - or maybe you do believe that free lunch exists? :confused:

8. JustB

JustB Well-Known Member

The Navra course on Investment Structure Optimisation is $179. Having attended, it is clear that the information and education provided during the day is absolutely free. It is the hiring of the hotel seminar room, lunch etc you are paying for.

Also, a great (and often unmentioned) benefit of attending any such course (free or not) is the opportunity to network, meet and chat with like-minded people who are there for the same reason you are. I learned, and was inspired, by talking to other attendees just as much as absorbing the presented material. This apsect of the day alone, made me purchase tickets and flights to send my parents to the Brisbane course this Saturday with the instruction to talk to as many other people as possible!

9. Mark Laszczuk

You've gotta be kidding right? You want to be wealthy and you squabble over 5 dollars?

Mark

10. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

So you don't think your financial education is worth $5. I guess you mustn't really value the advice you get around here either then...:rolleyes: :eek:

11. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

No need to be so harsh everyone ... I think you may have taken the comments out of context ?

archangelsupreme ... I think the ASX courses would be a very good place to start when trying to understand the basics about how the stock market works.

There are lots of books out there you could buy too (which I suggest you do) ... but they will cost a lot more than $5.

12. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

A couple of points.....

Firstly investing in a good financial education is one of the best investments you will ever make. For some you will pay a small amount, some a medium amount and for others a fair bit more.

Paying a lot doesn't necessarily mean you will get a better 'product' than some of the cheaper offerings, but then some of the 'cheaper' offering are hoping to make more out of you in other ways. Be careful.

Getting a financial education from failed experience can provide valuable lessons but see if you can find cheaper ways of learning the same lessons. :) ;)

Learning how to fish yourself is much better than relying on others to give you the fish. However, having learned how to fish doesn't necessarily mean you have to go out in the boat evey day yourself.

There are some classic books etc. out there that can provide some wonderful advice without necessarily having a salesperson looking over your shoulder.

Whether it's a book, a seminar or whatever, give yourself time to make sensible decisions that suit you before you make impulsive decisions.

13. islandgirl__

islandgirl__ Well-Known Member

Who needs to pay for books when the local library will keep you reading the lastest investment books for no price at all.

14. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

You can do that too ... but I tend to go back and revisit my books every so often - they become reference tools.

Of course there is nothing stopping you from reading the books from the library and then buying the ones you'd like to keep!

15. Mark Laszczuk

I'm with you on this one Sim, I do the same. But I'm extremely careful about the books I buy. My investment library consists of a sum total of 18 books. Most of which get read and re-read constantly. I have a small handful of books I will be purchasing in the future, but at the moment I have a stack of three on my desk that I'm getting through, so they can wait.

Mark

16. Mark Laszczuk

Just want to get back to this for a moment. Archangelsupreme, reading your post I think you really need to take a very serious look at your mindset and personal attitude towards money, seriously. If you want to be wealthy, you really need to do something about the way you think about money.

Mark

17. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

I have spend thousands on courses, books, and even learning from mistakes.. so if your not prepared to risk $5, then best to stick to fixed interest in the bank..

18. Lam Thieu

Ouch, these posts hurt :p

Ok, I was being kinda stupid.....$5 is of course nothing major, though I was thinking more in terms of whether there was any free but highly recommended seminars out there. I'm a newbie so of course have no idea what things are out there.

I recently went to the Macquarie Prime seminar (free LOL), while I knew I wasn't going to invest...but I was there to get a feel of the types of products available and see how professionals talk. It opened my eyes to CFDs (knew nothing about it) and online brokerage (something which I want to get into soon and currently reading up on). If only they have this type of thing more often.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia