freeman fox financial strategies

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Triu, 19th Jul, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Hi can anyone tell me how Peter Spann's Financal Advisors can help with setting up the way to structure income to fund negative cashflow for funding more properties?

Does he just buy shares in Listed Property Trusts and use the Income to fund the negative shortfall each month. What are the implications for tax wouldn't you be paying tax on the income of the negatively geared property portfolio?

anyone got any experience in this i am thinking about joining their wealth club to learn from them and then see what they can offer? I want to know more about structuring with Trusts etc and wealth creation.

thanks

2. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

I didn't think they had any strategy that involved property.

Certainly in any talks I have heard Peter is very negative property so why then would his advisor suggest property and make no commissions. In these presentations it is very much MF's PF's the whole way.

Cheers

3. spider

spider Well-Known Member

Peter Spann

Seems in contradition to his books.. Property was good to him

4. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

Now he has now worked out how much trail commission can be gained from funds, so he has joined the Macquarie fee factory train, hence now property is not a good investment!

His recommendations in all the 100% loan macquarie products has been disastrous.. for the investor, but great for collecting commissions and giving people the money to invest in it!

5. willy1111

willy1111 Well-Known Member

I don't think he is anti-property - he just thinks it is a lot more work and mucking around than shares, and managed funds.

Have heard him say that it is good for the first few million, but after that most people run out of servicability and are limited to 50-60% LVR. At that LVR you can get just as good return out of the share market, so why bother with the hassles of property.

Additionally I would say he is a big advocate of investing with the economic cycles, and in his view we are about 75% of the way through the share market cycle (so not really a good time to be investing in real estate on the east coast for the last 3 or so years.)

I'm sure the he doesn't mind the commissions his company makes from the funds either :p

6. The Stig

The Stig Well-Known Member

CRC, what has he recommended and how much have the dropped?

I am not a big fan of Macquarie. I saw a planner once who recommended a bunch of managed funds under the Navigator thing Macquarie have, and the fees were too big to warrant the point of having navigator, so I closed it all.

7. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

The equinox funds have had poor returns.. especially the multistratergie capital protected no.1 total annual return of 2.5% and this was one he heaverly promoted as a once in a life time opportunity.. 'Mortguage the kitties' he said! Investor Centre - Performance Information

in his defence, some of the macquarie funds have picked up of late.. like the eqionox asia 1 which was very poor up until the last few months. but the return was stale for the first 1.5 years.

8. Phil777

Phil777 New Member

I was at "that" seminar and yep I have Equinox. In fact Peter said "Mortgage the kiddies" (as opposed to the kitties).

9. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Stig,

Navigator is a platform owned by Aviva (Aviva - Navigator Website Redirection) not Macquarie.

There are a substantial number of Macquarie managed funds available through the Navigator platform (Aviva -)

Cheers,

Dan

PS This is general information, before making an investment decision speak to your registered FPA Financial Planner.

10. Following the market

Following the market Member

Peter Spann

Before investing or following any of Peter Spanns advice, you should have a look at the returns for Fox Invest Limited ASX:FXI, Property Fox No. 1 Limited NSX:pFA and Property Fox No. 2 Limited.

These companies follow the Peter Spann methodology.

:confused:

11. redrover

redrover Well-Known Member

See notice on National Stock Exchange website from Friday re unsolicited, unfriendly takeover offer for Fox #1. The documents lodged by Pritchard Equity makes interesting reading and a lot of shareholders lining up to exit. At last shareholders may get some of their money back. Hippie :p

12. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

what is the performance of the fund? I recon Peter Spann would have cleaned up heaps in management fees.

13. Following the market

Property Fox No 1 Limited

:mad::eek:almost a $1 million in fees to spann and nothing but losses to shareholders. its all detailed in the bidders statement. why dont you get it from the Exchange

NSX National Stock Exchange of Australia

14. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

Lots of documents on that site redrover, do you have a specific link and some information on this story? Interesting one to follow.

15. Following the market

16. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

That is particularly interesting reading. Fascinated to hear Peter's responses.

17. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

So Market follower what is the price at which you are trying to pick up the assets of PFAA?? Reading through the prospectus it seems way less than the liquidated value of the assets help by PSAA (but I could be wrong:D)

Cheers

18. Following the market

Property Fox No. 1 Limited

So what is the liquidated value of the assets handyandy?

19. seaview

seaview Well-Known Member

Fascinating report. That Pritchard guy obviously has too much time on his hands. The devil is in the detail....

I might just float some shares in my old EF station wagon and offer folk maybe one share for every 5 shares they hold in some other company... perhaps even :cool: BHP or RIO ... any takers ?

Seaview

20. Following the market

The performance of your old EF station wagon is probably better than the shares in PFA