Furnished IP's

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 28th Apr, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

I was chatting to a PM today about furnished IP's and he told me the demand for these is growing, specifically in the NorthWest region of Sydney, as the business parks expand to accommodate increasing numbers of corporate families moving in to work in the area.

Has anyone here had any great experiences leasing these types of properties?

2. Stevec__

Stevec__ Member

I've got a studio which at the moment is renting for 700p/w - based on a 7 week stay. Its in North Sydney, right next door to Navra offices. Before this current rental I was getting 650 p/w for 3 months. No forward bookings as yet.

My sister has one as well, with views over the harbour towards eastern suburbs and the heads (mine has glimpses), but its unfurnished and is getting 350 p/w atm I think.

If I had my chance again though, I wouldn't of bought this, didn't know any better back then. Under 50 sqm etc.

I have been trying to flog it since late last year, as I have bought a PPOR. Started at 450K now at 360K, not desparate to sell so will keep the rentals going.

Originally bought off the plan in 01 for 400K settled in 04.

Cheers,

Steve.

3. DaveA__

DaveA__ Well-Known Member

Jacque,

would love to here of some examples and if they are short term or long term stays. What grade of furnishing (ie do they want leather lounges, apartments with views, car parking)

And even some estimated yields on what they are quoting