Join our investing community

G'day

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by yo yo ma, 30th Jun, 2007.

1. yo yo ma

yo yo ma Member

Hi All
    I am from Somersoft & got this link from Jacque. I have 2 IP's & am now interested in diversifying.
    My first time in the stock market was with T3 shares, so I am just a learner. I would probably like to start with direct shares that give franked dividends. Then maybe move into LPT's... I don't really know so am here to read up & get educated.

I have recently increased my income by taking a job in PNG, working 4 weeks on & 4 off on an oil rig. I am a registered nurse. I am either really busy over here or really quiet, so hope to visit often:D

I am married with 3 young kids so it is tough being away, but thinking long term, I know I have to do this.
    Cheers
    Steve

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Dec, 2007
  2. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome!

It sounds like you have a reasonable interest in shares; Does Yo Yo Ma reflect the ups and downs you expect with your investing? ;)

It certainly sounds like you've got a reasonably heavy commitment with work and three youngsters!

BTW - good name (your real name!):)

Steve

3. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Yo Yo Ma,

Just watch out for crazy Joe Divola...

4. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

YYM,

If you're interested in listed property trusts, the ASX website has a rundown on them. I'd post the link but their website is down currently due to maintenance..

5. yo yo ma

yo yo ma Member

Hey Steve
    YYM is just from watching Seinfeld over & over... but I am realistic & do expect ups & downs. I haven't got the heavy workload, my wife has... She has to look after the kids by herself for 4 weeks at a time + working part-time. I've got it easy compared to that!

Glebe, thanks for that. The asx site is down until 2pm... I will do a search then for LPT.
    Giddy-up
    Steve

6. Bantam Roosta

Bantam Roosta Well-Known Member

Welcome yym,

Don't forget about LIC's too. A nice easy way to spread your wings initially in the market.

BR

7. yo yo ma

yo yo ma Member

BR
    I don't know too much about these LPT/ LIC's... I guess that's why I am here. I will be looking into it.
    Go the Roosters on Monday night??
    Steve

8. Bantam Roosta

Bantam Roosta Well-Known Member

No sorry. Giddy up the Broncs :D We are on the move. My name came from when I was a young pup at work. There was already one rooster in the pen (my boss) so I was given the mini-me.

LIC's are listed investment companies. Basically managed funds that you buy and sell on the exchange. Not much to them really.

BR